Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've deleted my ac lines from the pulley, ac compressor now I need to delete the condenser and pulley. And I haven't started deleting my power steering so I'd like to know how for sure to do so and ways to rig my belt with out my engine overheating. Do I keep the power steering pulley? I'm sure I could figure it out but like someone with experience guide me before I start taking thinks out and breaking stuff my cars for drag racing so I'm not keeping it in there just extra weight..

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Im subscribing to find out how one would achieve this. I looked at my belt and saw that if u remove p/s and a/c all you have is alt w/p and crank plus tension pulley and idler. I dont see how you could unless u delete w/p as well make it electric and just have the belt from crank to alt. But then the concern would be to not break alty. Im deff interested to know

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im subscribing to find out how one would achieve this. I looked at my belt and saw that if u remove p/s and a/c all you have is alt w/p and crank plus tension pulley and idler. I dont see how you could unless u delete w/p as well make it electric and just have the belt from crank to alt. But then the concern would be to not break alty. Im deff interested to know
You got a diagram of the pulleys?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So ik under my good just got done taking out the ac condenser now I'm looking at bypassing my ac pulley keep one of the idle pulleys and keep the power steering as a idler cause I'm not sure how I could run with just three pulleys without over heating. I don't want a electric water pump yet.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

And how hard would it be to turn without power steering?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
So ik under my good just got done taking out the ac condenser now I'm looking at bypassing my ac pulley keep one of the idle pulleys and keep the power steering as a idler cause I'm not sure how I could run with just three pulleys without over heating. I don't want a electric water pump yet.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

And how hard would it be to turn without power steering?
Quite hard actually lol our cars or atleast my years are heavy. But good thing is once its moving turning is easy but going slow turns or trying to park would suck. Try turning the wheel without the car on in neutral and imagine that everyday ill guarantee youll get ripped with muscles lol

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Automotive engine part

Here's what I got I could get the power steering because it is connected to the brake system too

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quite hard actually lol our cars or atleast my years are heavy. But good thing is once its moving turning is easy but going slow turns or trying to park would suck. Try turning the wheel without the car on in neutral and imagine that everyday ill guarantee youll get ripped with muscles lol

Electronics Technology Electrical wiring Wire Electronic device

I got every a/c part removed now just need to get my power steering out.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Different from my year my tensioner points down so you could do that. And im sure it wont overheat due to if imo u have a shorter belt i would assume the water pump would spin faster pumping coolant at a more higher rate than before atleast that is how i take it

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

What year is yours? Maybe if you could use the smaller of the 2 sn95 year w/p pulley u might get a belt combo routing. However the problem is all 3 necessary pulley sit one above the other

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I was thinkin u could run crank alt w/p and tensioner.....from the crank around the pump to alty to tensioner and back to crank. Might work or could use like a dead pulley to help with eouting of belt

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinkin u could run crank alt w/p and tensioner.....from the crank around the pump to alty to tensioner and back to crank. Might work or could use like a dead pulley to help with eouting of belt
I'm wanting to get rid of the power steering so bad but not sure how to take it out.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
if you take out the p/s pump, you will pretty much loose the hydrobooster, i would suggest before you do you try and get a manual rack for steering as well as manual brakes before you take down a vital pump like that.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you take out the p/s pump, you will pretty much loose the hydrobooster, i would suggest before you do you try and get a manual rack for steering as well as manual brakes before you take down a vital pump like that.
Where can I find a manual rack and manual brakes?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
94-04 Mustang Manual Brake Kit Fender Line

manual brake kit

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Flaming River 1994-2004 Ford Mustang Manual Rack and Pinion FR1892 - UPR Products

manual rack and pinion

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

imo i believe this one i would go with since i know the brand strange and their axles as well

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-manual-strange-brake-kit-94.html

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wonder if I could get some from an older mustang with manual brakes and steering.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
possible i wouldnt say its not, however not sure how it would work since you would still need an adapter plate if the old boosters were vacuum booster instead of hydrobooster like our sn95s. something to deffinitely look into

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im sure manual steering isnt as bad in these cars as it is my dads old 69 coronet... That think weighs like 4k+ one of ours stripped for drag racing should weigh like 3k right?
I hate how our year model mustang are so heavy my goal is to make my mustang weight 2500lbs

1 - 20 of 27 Posts