Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive heard its a common issue for foxbody stangs to have a whinny noisy power steering pump. Mine works fine but is noisy as hell. I have changed the fluid with synthetic. I have changed the pump. Still noisy. Any pointers???????

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well ive heard its a common issue for foxbody stangs to have a whinny noisy power steering pump. Mine works fine but is noisy as hell. I have changed the fluid with synthetic. I have changed the pump. Still noisy. Any pointers???????
What did the fluid look like when you changed it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive tried different fluids too. Ive tried basic fluid. No difference. Ive tried Lucas Oil PS fluid. No difference. Then i tried synthetic fluid with a new power steering pump. No difference. So now im thinking new rack and pinion and/or new (OEM) PS pump

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Not a damn thing u can do buy a new pump and it will fix it but it will do it again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Havent heard of this problem before. Rebuilding my '95 now. When i bought it, the power steering kept cutting out. On further inspection i noticed a huge leak. Cleaned it all up etc. My question is what causes this whining and could it of caused my leak. As for manual steering racks. Remove the pump, lines and plug/remove the heat exchanger. Buy a shorter belt etc. Shouldnt be an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts