Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get rid of power steering noise even when it has fluids the noise is super loud form a 1-10 I say 8 or 9 how can I get rid of the noise??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does it sound like a belt noise? If so check the belt for glazing or cracking and make sure your tensioner is putting enough tension on the belt to keep it from slipping. What kind of noise is it?

·
Banned
776 Posts
I don't have a tensioner anymore and it's a new belt as well. Can it make noise if there is fluid blockage in the rack?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
How can I get rid of power steering noise even when it has fluids the noise is super loud form a 1-10 I say 8 or 9 how can I get rid of the noise??
A power steering pump will "squall" when it is getting worn out, or if it had been rebuilt and they did not get the "slippers" back in the same position as they came out (see pic) it will make noise.

The "slippers" will go back in in either direction, so I always mark the tops of mine in order to ensure they go back in correctly. I also try to keep the springs in order with the slippers, but it is not always possible and so far it does not really seem to matter.

The noise can also be caused by air trapped in the system, clogged pump screen and/or contaminated burned fluid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts