Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem of the internal amp on my head unit overheating and I was wondering if I could just power 4 of my 6 speakers with an amp without affecting sound quality I wanted to power the door and rear speakers with the amp but not the ones in the dash of my 93 gt

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wish i could explain, but my audio guy was telling me and i don't remember too well. But i had 2stock speakers and 2 aftermarket powered by amp and in a couple months my amp was done working

·
Registered
148 Posts
I can't see why this wont work.I have done it without problems.You just have to
have a power amp that has high level inputs to accept the high level output of your head unit.If you hook it up this way,you would also need to turn down the volume level going to these outputs.If your head unit has rca outputs it is even easier.Just use some car rca
stereo wires.Most 4 channel amps allow you to wire up from two channels, and give sound to 4 speakers.Just follow the wiring diagram, from the amp.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I has a rockford fosgate 200.1 amp i think and 2 memphis speakers abd 2 stock with an aftermarket deck. And after a couple months of running it it burned out and stopped working and he told me it was because of that. So i got 2 new speakers and a new amp almost a year ago and ive been fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts