Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the power wire on the amber parking lights, so far so good, I used to have a relay that turned on via that wire but it no longer works.... so Im using this with a fuse of course

sound ok?

·
Registered
246 Posts
The fog bulbs pull 2-3 amps each, I would run each fog off each headlight bulb wire if I was going to do that. If you have a wiring harness from us we can send you a new relay.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its cool, i can pick up another relay np just wondering before i worked on it any more, so far the head lights and fogs are just as bright as they ever have been... im goign to keep an eye on it and most likly put a relay in regardless.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea one went out it was the harness nothing else.... the stupid end hardness came loose a bit, didnt take to long to fix, i just went ahead and revamped everything.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
in a perfect world...all you really had to do is run ur wires from ur fogs to the headlight hot wire, and just put a inline fuse in there somewhere...correct?

just did this for the 88 with reverse lights, guy didnt buy the $16 part to have reverse lights with the b&m shifter, ran a toggle switch to a inline fuse, to a round metal end peice (like the round battery terminal connecter things) into the fuse panel, then to the reverse light bulbs. was pretty proud of myself considering I hate anything to do with eelctrical ****. and you can only see 4" of the wire, but that will be cover when i make my rear seat delete.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
He wants to be able to cut on his fogs without having his headlights on

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should be able to get one look into places like 5.0 resto but unless you know how to do the wiring I would have someone else do it

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
can't you buy an OEM switch...?
It comes with the kit from Velocity, but you still have to wire it through somewhere to get power, and one of the easiest spots to tap into would be the parking light's wire.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
yea use the parking light wire then, fogs fore my truck are like that, cant turn them on by themselves need atleast parking lights to be on.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i want the fogs to come on when ever the parking lights are ok, and yes you can run it off the power wire for the fogs, but a relay is a better idea due to it pulls power directly from teh battery and uses the power wire for the head lights as an on "trigger"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts