Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys,I purchased precut tint for my 1994 Mustang convertible. Has anyone ever installed this before? I do not have any tinting experience and am wondering if this is doable for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I would think its doable but it wont be professional probably lol. They sell tint at Walmart so it has to be doable..

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Yes it's doable, I tint all my cars myself because tiny shops don't care about you're car. You will need a spray with water and a little soap, a heat gun, a squeegee, some towels and an extra paair of hands. Go to YouTube and look up how to tint so you can have an idea

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you buy the application kit with the spray and squeegee?
Just the tint. I am assuming I will need to bu the squeeqee

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Yes it's doable, I tint all my cars myself because tiny shops don't care about you're car. You will need a spray with water and a little soap, a heat gun, a squeegee, some towels and an extra paair of hands. Go to YouTube and look up how to tint so you can have an idea
I watched a YouTube video on how to do it the other day. I only have one set of hands so I guess I will need to make due. LoL

·
Registered
164 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
+1. You can do it by your self just take your time

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If its precut and u mess up just Peel it off, start again. The key is to be patient and get all air bubbles out. Just curious, did it come with rear window, 1piece or 2? My needs redone and I'd rather get the precursor kind. It'd b easier to do by myself.
Don't forget, can't put windows down for a day.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Vert is easy, put the top down to do the sides

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Plus the back window is flat instead of curved. Just take your time and it'll be easy

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If its precut and u mess up just Peel it off, start again. The key is to be patient and get all air bubbles out. Just curious, did it come with rear window, 1piece or 2? My needs redone and I'd rather get the precursor kind. It'd b easier to do by myself.
Don't forget, can't put windows down for a day.
Yes, it came with the rear window piece.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yes, it came with the rear window piece.
I forgot u had conv. I was wondering on hardtop if it was one piece or two. I hate the line from having to butt up to ends of tint.

Does it feel like durable tint? Some tint I've seen is just so thin that u know its not going to hold up. Feels like the shiny paper you put in a bday bag. I can't think of the name ATM.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I have the ebay tint on two of my cars. The focus has had it for two years and has faded some, that's the only downside

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh... It gets hot down here and that car sits in direct sun year round. Just outside of memphis, tn. I'll pull it off next year and redo it. For $30 it's still not a bad deal

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
jdavis96gt said:
No that's not bad. After a few times, you'll be a pro at it.
It's cheaper to do that then buy a roll and cut myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts