Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here pressure wash their mustang? i got one at 1400psi and wanted to know if anyone who has used one, did it ever damage the paint or wear it out? and how often do you pressure wash?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I use a 2200 psi gas motored power washer on all my vehicles.

Be sure to use the "TIP" for car washing :). If you use the "TIP" for concrete cleaning, it 'could' remove your paint :(

Just to be clear: I still use a bucket, soap and a big mitt to wash my Mustang :). You will never get your Mustang clean using "Just" a power washer. The power washer just makes the wetting down and rinsing a lot faster :)

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
I use a 2200 psi gas motored power washer on all my vehicles.

Be sure to use the "TIP" for car washing :). If you use the "TIP" for concrete cleaning, it 'could' remove your paint :(

Just to be clear: I still use a bucket, soap and a big mitt to wash my Mustang :). You will never get your Mustang clean using "Just" a power washer. The power washer just makes the wetting down and rinsing a lot faster :)
Agree. Nothing beats a good ol hand wash. Power washer just makes rinsing quicker. That being said, it's much easier and quicker for me to use a hose rather than connecting my gas powered pressure washer up, starting it and have it just sit there running for a rinse only application.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I suggest using an open hose (no nozzle) for rinsing. the h20 sheets off and you have less drying.

fwiw I don't have a pressure washer and I would be leery of trying it but the guys that have them say it can work.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Baby your Mustang's paint and she will look good for years. I use a gentle car soap with carnuba in it and hand wash, then rinse like Mud says.

If you wax your car, dont use a pressure wash. It'll kill your wax quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its an electric power washer around 1400psi it arrives this week gonna give it a go and see if the results are any better than normal but just concerned with the possible damage it might cause probably will try it out on an older vehicle first but will update later this week and see if power washing is worth it on not

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Its an electric power washer around 1400psi it arrives this week gonna give it a go and see if the results are any better than normal but just concerned with the possible damage it might cause probably will try it out on an older vehicle first but will update later this week and see if power washing is worth it on not
It 'should' come with at least 3 different tips. Be sure to use the one for washing cars. The one I have is 'very' gentle but still pumps out over a gallon of water a minute. I also have vinyl stripes and it doesn't hurt them but then again I'm not trying to do a 100% washing with just the power washer. Remember, its all about the 'tip' you use. Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
It would seem to me that a pressure washer would be good in and around the wheels, inside the wheel wells and other hard to get at places.
But I don't have one.:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
after using it i am going to stick with pressure washing it def looks better than before the pw. just know what your doing before using it. just having a hard time with the leather inside not some dirt stains just wont remove off the vinyl parts..

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
after using it i am going to stick with pressure washing it def looks better than before the pw. just know what your doing before using it. just having a hard time with the leather inside not some dirt stains just wont remove off the vinyl parts..
Move the power washer tip closer to the stains. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol no im talking about dirt stains in the interior of the car the exterior is all dirt free factory shine i just can find a good product to remove those stubborn dirt marks inside the car, i would never us a power washer inside the car btw.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ha! I know! Just got a funny picture in my mind of a guy blasting his interior with a power washer and had to share it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
any recom..for what spray to use to clean inside....its all leather btw..

I use Trinova Leather Conditioner and Cleaner. Works awesome!!! But not a spray. At least the version I buy. They may have one though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 1300 psi pressure washer that I use with a chemical guys foam cannon. I always use it to wet it down, spray foam, wipe with wash mit, then rinse. After that I usually clay bar and wax. Always looks great! ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1492904917.451107.jpg

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a 2300 psi Ryobi electric pressure washer. I purchased a foam cannon attachment for it. I fill the reservoir on the foam cannon with 3 parts water to 1 part car wash soap. Cover the car with foam then use a wash mitt to clean it. I rinse with a 25 degree tip.

I will use the spinning tip that came with the pressure washer on the wheels and wheel wells.

Dave

·
Lorraine's driver
8,213 Posts
I use a Comet 1700 electric pressure washer. I don’t remember what the specs were on it, but I did buy a set of larger diameter nozzles for it so there’s a bit more water and less pressure. I typically use a 40° nozzle, but I like the 25° a little better for wheels and wheel wells. I’ve got a single car driveway, so I modified a cart to make it easier to clean cars with it.

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts