Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of buying one and I was just wondering how much you guys got yours for?
I'm thinking auto transmission (dad wont let me get manual) and electric package

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was thinking of buying one and I was just wondering how much you guys got yours for?
I'm thinking auto transmission (dad wont let me get manual) and electric package
Go to truecar.com, enter your zip code, and build the car how you want it. That's what you'll pay.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just curious why your dad won't let you get a manual? It'll actually make you drive more responsibly, well at least it did for me, because of the whole learning process. You can't just mash the gas pedal, point and go you actually have to think about shifting which made me actually drive slower and more carefully. Just something to think about .....

·
Registered
458 Posts
That isn't even a mustang..... But to answer your question I bought mine used 1200 miles around 23ish

·
Registered
672 Posts
Just curious why your dad won't let you get a manual? It'll actually make you drive more responsibly, well at least it did for me, because of the whole learning process. You can't just mash the gas pedal, point and go you actually have to think about shifting which made me actually drive slower and more carefully. Just something to think about .....
Kind of my opinion on it too. You def can't sit there and yak on the phone either since you will constantly be shifting. It also makes you more aware of your speed since you end up paying a lot of attention to speed /engine sound/rpms for shift points. I hardly every don't realize I'm speeding in my Mustang but am constantly not realizing I'm speeding in my Flex lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
That isn't even a mustang..... But to answer your question I bought mine used 1200 miles around 23ish
Holy crap man! How did you get such a good deal? 23k is like V6 territory.. Here in AZ the 13 GT Premiums are like 34-35k and with the electric/navigation package I believe its like 2k more.. but with the 14's in you should be able to get a good deal, plus possible rebates.. Wish I could find a 13 GT with track pack here. :banghead:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We live in California outside of Los Angels so Manual would be a pain in the ass with traffic we get around here

·
Registered
297 Posts
Manual, get your dad thinking straight. Too many reasons for a 6M over a 6A.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

We live in California outside of Los Angels so Manual would be a pain in the ass with traffic we get around here
I live in Miami and so do some other manual owners. Traffic sucks during rush hour. It isn't that bad, and when you think of the bright side with a 6M then you'll stop caring.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Manual, get your dad thinking straight. Too many reasons for a 6M over a 6A.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I live in Miami and so do some other manual owners. Traffic sucks during rush hour. It isn't that bad, and when you think of the bright side with a 6M then you'll stop caring.[/QUOTE

is there something wrong with fords automatic transmission

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got a 2013 gt premium with the track pack and recaros for 36 which included the shipping price to Italy

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Oh and the appearance pkg 5 and all weather floor mats

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, there is just something wrong with buy a 400HP beast with an automatic transmission.

To each his own, I guess.
I know it's a burn -.- but I test drove the gt and fell in love so manual or not Lol I don't really care as long as I have it

·
Registered
358 Posts
I know it's a burn -.- but I test drove the gt and fell in love so manual or not Lol I don't really care as long as I have it
You'll love it either way for sure. Nothing like rowing through gears though...

·
Registered
161 Posts
If it doesn't matter to you, do what you'd like. A lot of mustang enthusiasts will tell you otherwise, but it's your car/your preference.

If it was just your dad telling you to get auto, and you want the manual, talk to him. No reason why a manual should be make or break for this deal.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

You'll love it either way for sure. Nothing like rowing through gears though...
I granny shift mine up to 40 mph in 6th gear.

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaa!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
dad won't let you get a manual............................
Lol exactly what I was thinking.... And heck, if my dad was offering to pay I'd take whatever i could get lol. Just curious as to how old you are? 420 horses is a lot of power for a new driver, ragardless as to what trans you get.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I got a 12 loaded for 26K (My dad let me get a manul:lmao:) Oh, wait...I paid for it so I got what I wanted...My wife wanted an auto to which I replied, this is for me...not for you:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in L.A. and traffic never seems to be an issue with a manual. you usally start planning your routes ahead of time if you think there might be traffic which in essence makes you more responsible IMO. in any case i got my '13 with track pack, 301a, and safety & security package for 33k brand new.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol exactly what I was thinking.... And heck, if my dad was offering to pay I'd take whatever i could get lol. Just curious as to how old you are? 420 horses is a lot of power for a new driver, ragardless as to what trans you get.
Lol yeah my dad is paying for it and I'm paying half when I start to work and I'm 18 lol our family is all about speed having jet ski quads dirt bike

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Oh and a doom-buggy

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.