Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get one of these but not sure what one? I have a catted x right now but want something deeper and maybe a bit louder, (im assuming anything offroad will be louder so.) What do you guys like better out of these 2 is a Pro Chamber worth the extra $100 in your opinion? I have Magnaflow Exhaust and stock headers. Let me know..

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well looks like I will get a pro chamber when I want to spend some money. My exhaust is surprisingly deep right now up until 3500rpm or so. But I could go deeper and louder and be a very happy man.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Absolutely get the prochamber. I have an o/r X on mine and honestly don't like it. I can't wait to get a prochamber after my wedding or I sell a gun to cover it haha.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Def def def prochamber not so much sound at idle but will def let people know your around when you get on it

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Alright looks like there is a clear winner here. I have safety and emissions this month and they are out of stock so I guess I have to wait for that. . Thanks for all the info everyone. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Pro chamber will make your car sound like a hybrid .. And you will lose power
I gotta go with Slow. A good old fashioned H-pipe has the best sound.
As far as power gains/losses, those are so minimal that it really doesn't even come into play. You might see a 3 or 4 hp/tq gain; you can't notice that no matter how hard you try.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I gotta go with Slow. A good old fashioned H-pipe has the best sound.
As far as power gains/losses, those are so minimal that it really doesn't even come into play. You might see a 3 or 4 hp/tq gain; you can't notice that no matter how hard you try.
Well I'm really not too concerned on the power aspect. If I was I would just go with a off road X pipe. For high rpms and a Off road h for low torque. I'm just going for what sounds best..

·
Registered
555 Posts
First, 3 to 4 horsepower multiplied by 15 mods is noticable, hard to argue with that. Second, for giggles lets say your right BackPrressure and going from a catted pipe to an offroad pipe is only worth 3 to 4 peek horses. I would bet money that you will receive almost 10 horses or more in some parts of your rpm band. That said remember its not just peek horses that move your car its the average power in your usable rpm band that will improve your performance. Furthermore if you cant feel 10 horses on a non power adder bolt on car then your not paying close enough attention to your cars feel. Nextly if performance is your game an offroad x is going to be the largest power gain for the 96-04 SOHC 4.6 cars. Personaly I dont like the way the x sounds. If your going for deep tone the prochamber will deliver. However I also beleave like BackPressure you would lose power going from a standard H to a prochamber for this application. Also in my experience a catted prochamber mid pipe can still be as loud as many offroad systems.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First, 3 to 4 horsepower multiplied by 15 mods is noticable, hard to argue with that. Second, for giggles lets say your right BackPrressure and going from a catted pipe to an offroad pipe is only worth 3 to 4 peek horses. I would bet money that you will receive almost 10 horses or more in some parts of your rpm band. That said remember its not just peek horses that move your car its the average power in your usable rpm band that will improve your performance. Furthermore if you cant feel 10 horses on a non power adder bolt on car then your not paying close enough attention to your cars feel. Nextly if performance is your game an offroad x is going to be the largest power gain for the 96-04 SOHC 4.6 cars. Personaly I dont like the way the x sounds. If your going for deep tone the prochamber will deliver. However I also beleave like BackPressure you would lose power going from a standard H to a prochamber for this application. Also in my experience a catted prochamber mid pipe can still be as loud as many offroad systems.
Very true.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I definitely think H sounds the best.
Here's an H vs X comparison.
http://youtu.be/ZGlGrVWKpFg
I want one prochamber vs h pipe.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts