Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a set of "p" heads for 300. But by the time I have them milled ported polished and a valve job put on them ill have 600 in them total. Or for 650 I can get pro comp aluminum 215cc intake runner cnc ported heads am I better going the pro comp route??

·
Registered
208 Posts
If u plannin on spending 600 already then i would just save another 600-800 and get a set of afr's, edelbrocks, or trickflows. Something worth your money.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would much rather have afr or trick flows but I think the bang for the buck is with the pro comps the specs are close to the same.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was about to buy some pro comps and then I started do some "digging" on them. They are inexpensive for a reason. For example the "decking" isn't as thick as some of the more expensive heads whick can lead to warpage easier. Second the place where the rockers bolt in the threads aren't that deep and the material around them isn't as thick as other heads so they can pull out easier. That's what I found out so I went with some tfs heads. That's my two cents. ;)

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I can get a set of "p" heads for 300. But by the time I have them milled ported polished and a valve job put on them ill have 600 in them total. Or for 650 I can get pro comp aluminum 215cc intake runner cnc ported heads am I better going the pro comp route??
Yes, the aluminum heads will flow better with some mild porting and you get the added benefit of weight reduction on the front end.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
True but the pro comps don't have enoug material to port.
All I can tell you for sure is that a cousin of mine has used them and ported them. I personally do not have any experience with them.

Contact the company directly and just ask them about your concerns point blank.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Do a Google search for "Pro Comp Heads Reviews" and read the Ford Muscle and SBFTech reviews on them. :good:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Just curious trojan. Is this your cousin that has that nitrous fed Beretta?
Yes, but that does not have the Pro Comp heads, I think they used those on a pulling truck engine for his sons and it placed first in a few pulls.

A big BUT though, that's on Chevy engines and there are some big differences there, so maybe they work good on Chevys, but not so good on Fords due to head design differences. The reviews I read were all over the place, some good some bad. I don't think I would buy them myself, just because they are Made in China.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Yes, but that does not have the Pro Comp heads, I think they used those on a pulling truck engine for his sons and it placed first in a few pulls.

A big BUT though, that's on Chevy engines and there are some big differences there, so maybe they work good on Chevys, but not so good on Fords due to head design differences. The reviews I read were all over the place, some good some bad. I don't think I would buy them myself, just because they are Made in China.
Gotcha.
I'm still waiting on some more reviews for those flowtech heads. My buddy with the 6:71 that keeps blowing his engine has them and loves them. But same thing, its on a Chevy. There's just not much I info on them though.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Gotcha.
I'm still waiting on some more reviews for those flowtech heads. My buddy with the 6:71 that keeps blowing his engine has them and loves them. But same thing, its on a Chevy. There's just not much I info on them though.
Ed Curtis can tell you about them. :good:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts