Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Assume $90-$100/hour labor and its about a 2-3 hour job. $200-$275 sounds about normal.

Honestly, springs are one of the easiest DIY jobs aside from basic mods. Grab some jack stands and a spring compressor for $150 or so and get experience plus a stance.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BackPressure said:
Assume $90-$100/hour labor and its about a 2-3 hour job. $200-$275 sounds about normal.

Honestly, springs are one of the easiest DIY jobs aside from basic mods. Grab some jack stands and a spring compressor for $150 or so and get experience plus a stance.
I'm really scared to do these myself.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Super easy really a few bolts, borrow a compressor from auto zone and you're good. Basic hand tools

·
Registered
559 Posts
What would I use the compressor for?
Compressor for rears, don't touch the fronts with one. It will cause nothing but pain and frustration. For front springs just unplug the abs line and drop the a-arm, the front springs will pretty much slide out with some wiggling.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Compressor for rears, don't touch the fronts with one. It will cause nothing but pain and frustration. For front springs just unplug the abs line and drop the a-arm, the front springs will pretty much slide out with some wiggling.
Do u need it for the rear?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Do u need it for the rear?
I'm not sure if there's another method, but I know the compressors worked good for the rears when I did mine mainly because the spring rates aren't as stiff on the rears. You can rent the compressors at most autozones. You pay a deposit and then you get it back when you bring the compressor back.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
1996v6stang said:
I dont even use a compressor. Its pretty easy.
+1 i Didn't use them either on the new edge but s197 compressor is needed for sure they shot out at 10000mph lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts