Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 legendary lime 4.0 mustang. I've put quite a bit of money into this car (being my first car and all): AM wheels & tires, dual exhaust conversion with 2.5in pipes, throttle body spacer, k&n intake, performance spark plugs, and last but not least a 3-option tune from bama & sct - 87 street, 89 performance and a 91 race. I'm sure you v8 owners are asked this a lot...what can I do to my v6 to make it sound more aggressive idling, and on startup???

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
when you say duel exhaust conversion what do you mean..link to kit? pics? a difference exhaust setup will do wonders if you aren't maximizing your current one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@1slosix: unfortunately I do not have pictures. But I had a muffler shop Y off my single exhaust into duals, noticeable difference in sound. Thinking about headers, or an e-cutout...but if there's some other advice I'll take it!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do I know how how you feel. Totally and completely. It seems we have done a lot of simular up grades in hopes of achieving that awesome deep aggressive growl that comes naturally from our more powerful siblings, the V8. I know that sounds Korney but its true.

Anyway, I spent hours upon hour's at Youtube listening and comparing other V6's exhaust. I finally narrowed it down to two. Borla's "S" type or SLP Loudmouth. I decided on Borla! But somehow I got talked out of it and into Fords Racing True Dual Exhaust. Those had their good and not so good points. The good was at least l now had true dual exhaust and could put anything the GT used, well, so could my pony. And then BORLA came out with ATAK and my dream of my baby pony sounding as good (for a V6) as her V8 sibling came true. But seriously. If you want a great sound. Either Borlas ATAK or SLP Loudmouth. Check them both out and see what you think. What l think sounds cool you may not. What I used to type in was 2007 mustang V6 Borla exhaust or SLP loudmouth exhaust. There are members here that have amazing sounding exhaust. Good luck!

·
Registered
350 Posts
My personal fave is flowmaster american thunder mufflers but SLP loud mouths and borla stingers sound good.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Alright so I've had 4 exhaust setups including stock: single flowmaster American thunder axleback, pypes x-pipe true dual with gt take off mufflers, and currently pypes's mid muffler true dual exhaust....and by far the mid muffler sounds the loudest, throatiest, aggressive, and in general most like a V8...that's my suggestion

·
Registered
179 Posts
muffler delete. im running just the X-pipe and straight pipe. Its alot deeper sounding. I love mine. It always makes people question if its a V8

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
kirpy said:
muffler delete. im running just the X-pipe and straight pipe. Its alot deeper sounding. I love mine. It always makes people question if its a V8
Yup! You're basically running same as me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hm. If its legal here in California, then I may try the muffler delete route. I know AM headers would make a difference too! Ahhhh, so many decisions lol.

...One day I'll have a gt500 parked in my garage and I'll pass my v6 onto my son. ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Do you like the sound of this?

http://youtu.be/JCOe0Jyvgnk
Stop being a view whore! Lol! Jk

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Hm. If its legal here in California, then I may try the muffler delete route. I know AM headers would make a difference too! Ahhhh, so many decisions lol.

...One day I'll have a gt500 parked in my garage and I'll pass my v6 onto my son. ;)
Where in Cali are you in!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts