Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 gt 5MT 1000 on the odo.When i shift to 5th from 4th at high rpms (6500+) it sometimes wont go in. Like clutch is all the way down and it starts in the socket but then feels like i hit a wall. Im shifting correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,608 Posts
Zeek said:
I have a 2013 gt 5MT 1000 on the odo.When i shift to 5th from 4th at high rpms (6500+) it sometimes wont go in. Like clutch is all the way down and it starts in the socket but then feels like i hit a wall. Im shifting correctly.
I had the same problem but when i got to 1500 miles it all went away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
McQueen said:
I had the same problem but when i got to 1500 miles it all went away.
Well i sure hope mine does. Sucks racing someone on the "track" and them almost beating you cuz it takes 4 seconds to get into 5th!
 

·
The Blue Dragon
Joined
·
5,661 Posts
the earlier models of these cars had problems with clutch stay out (or something goofy like that) at high rpms, I have not heard of it in the 13's, but it is essentially the exact same tranny. our transmissions are well known to have a whole slew of problems, most common issue I hear about is bad synchros... take it to dealer and pray they "find" issue or hope they don't tell you it's normal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not sure the clutch is sticking.....dealer wont be able to replicate the problem because 6800 rpms in 4th is like 100mph..... its happened to me twice now. I think its more of a syncro problem :/
 

·
The Blue Dragon
Joined
·
5,661 Posts
Hmm, trying to remember what exactly the cause of the clutch stay out was, it wasnt a sticking so much as the centrifical force created by the clutch would not allow it to reengage at such a high rpm.... or something lol.

either way I do not believe that is you problem, most likely guess would be synchros

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/tsb10-19-04.pdf

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

this is the TSB I was referring to, clearly not your problem though looking at the date
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Mine started grinding going into 5th yesterday and the only way I can keep it from doing it is let it come down to idle and it even then it still does it some times. but since I got the car it has seemed like it was hard to go into all the gears. Like the clutch isn't engaging all the way. I don't know. I'm taking it to the dealer ship tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,791 Posts
How come I can hit 120mph in 4th with my 3.73s and it seems like everyone else has to shift to 5th to run the 1/4. I'm trapping 115 in 4th and still have room. My rev limiter is only set at 7200 but I only take her to 7k. :confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
How come I can hit 120mph in 4th with my 3.73s and it seems like everyone else has to shift to 5th to run the 1/4. I'm trapping 115 in 4th and still have room. My rev limiter is only set at 7200 but I only take her to 7k. :confused
Mine is still stock......so 6850. And i try not to bounce on it. I have 3.55s. Also i wasnt on a 1/4 mile "track"
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top