Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one had prob with headlights??? ty tony look like crust but it wont budge gonna take it to dealer

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
What happened? You have crust on your head lights or what?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
That is called crazing it happens to plastic. you need to get some Plastic polisher and cleaner. you will need to buff that out!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
That's what I was thinking on it... he either never cleans and waxes his headlights or someone poured acid on it...

·
Registered
166 Posts
actually i think he might be talking about something else. I had to get mine replaced under warranty b/c the casing was shattering. It looked like fiberglass shattering..hundreds of tiny x's on the casing, kinda rough. it wasnt a yellowing or fog, it literally looked like the platic was splintering apart. I dunno if thats what it is or not man, but they will replace it under warranty if you have it it still.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes

yes green that what it look like an it still covered only got 18,000 on it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yea dude, take it in and they should replace it. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
yeah what green said, lights can come bad from the start, just bad mold, but on 94-98 and maybe 99's, you can use polish, I have found a web page that shows how to wet sand the headlight and bring it back out to nice smooth and clear. I will try to find it once more. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts