Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sync stopped working. I heard that disconnecting the battery for 30 min will reset the car and solve the problem. I have a tune installed from a ford racing pro cal tuner. My question is. Will disconnecting the battery for 30 min result in me loosing my ford racing tune and return my car to stock?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
JJB82 said:
My sync stopped working. I heard that disconnecting the battery for 30 min will reset the car and solve the problem. I have a tune installed from a ford racing pro cal tuner. My question is. Will disconnecting the battery for 30 min result in me loosing my ford racing tune and return my car to stock?
I honestly cannot remember if it does or not. But honestly since the tuners usually marry your car, putting it back to stock will save you paying to have the tuner unlocked when it sees your car is stock and won't tune it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
JJB82 said:
No... Your tune will remain. But you will need to perform the idle relearn procedure (per the manual).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Check the manual for the exact procedure, but basically... From a cold start... With AC OFF. LET IDLE WITHOUT EVER TOUCHING THE GAS for about 10 minutes... Then turn AC on and idle another 10.

·
Registered
681 Posts
JJB82 said:
No. It won't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts