Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, like i had mentioned, i recieved my exhaust kit. When I talked to a couple places about installing they said talk to Ford first, so I did. They said if I installed exhaust it would mess up the computer and void the warrenty so I couldn't do it. I dont understand how it could mess up your whole system. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
What exaust system did you buy exactly? Was it the off road version? If it is the off road version then you will need to get MIL's to prevent the check engine light from coming on. If its the catted version then they dont know what they are talking about :-?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought this:

99-03
2 1/2 HTS Coated H-Pipes & Catback System

had asked a couple people and said there was no problem

do the people at ford not know what they are talking about? i really hope so lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ford will tell you if you add a cup holder to your car it will void your warrenty.
Can you go to another dealership?

Or simply take it to another muffler shop.

or do the install yourself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had someone I know with a garage and has done many mustangs before to install but he has been swamped recently and won't be able to do it anytime soon. Muffler shops refuse to do it because of some 1 in 10 million chance they mess up that cpu thing they were talking about. Small shops will do it but I'm having trouble finding one right now around here. Does anyone know one in CT that has done MAC before?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
forget that, my friend has the same exact setup as me and told me where to get it done lol

thanks for the help everyone... hopefully this will be done this weekend

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Man I get torqued when I hear about dealers and shop that spread these myths. I am totally dumbfounded by the lack of knowledgeable mechanic and technicians, it makes me want to open my own shop.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You can say that again. :headbang: , I mean they could just have you sign a wiaver saying that they are not responsible for any voided warranty or damage to the vechicle or componants. :no: its just stupid people.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had my system installed at a national chain, Meinke, or however you spell it. Have you tried them? or do you have those where you're at?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea im going nuts trying to find a place to get this done, one place said bring it down cuz they do alot.. if they dont do it im gonna be really pissed

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just don't see the issue with a shop outside of Ford doing it. I mean, even if it voided your warranty (which it won't), why should that shop care if the customer wants it done or not? It's not like tinting or something that is law or anything. Makes no sense! :-?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have never heard of such non sense, that is totally rediculous mess up your CPU in the car.... I have heard better lines on some 1am dating shows than someof these ford dealers mentioned here...

I have a 99 GT True Dual Exhuast with MAC H Pipe, and it was installed without any issues at all or questions asked by 1 of the garages we had used for along time, and when my wife had her v6 we had the same exhuast as you have installed on her 2000 without any problems.

this is crazy!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts