Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car, 2005, sat at the dealership prettyyyyy long and not sure if it was treated properly before hand. Little flaws show up, too much to really go through. Is it normal for a car to have several little flaws after sitting so long at a dealership?

·
Registered
134 Posts
So your car is used and also sat at a dealer? Cuz my 2005 was purchased new in 2006 after sitting at a dealer and had a ding, scratches on the door handle, and bad swirl marks. So I'd say stuff like that is normal but just not sure what flaws yours has.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your car is used and also sat at a dealer? Cuz my 2005 was purchased new in 2006 after sitting at a dealer and had a ding, scratches on the door handle, and bad swirl marks. So I'd say stuff like that is normal but just not sure what flaws yours has.
Mine isn't appearance issues. :/ We've replaced and fixed most stuff but it's little things like things with acceleration, when I put it in park sometimes it takes a sec to actually do it, my belt squealed but im sure its because it got wet. Its raining. But just little things that mostly just happen on an old car are happening on mine. Im just a little confused why the flaws dont work themselves out or why they keep popping up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just my 2 cents, the 2005s were the first year for this style mustang and there were more recalls and tsbs than other years. Ive had a LOT of warranty work on mine but afterwards the problems were resolved. The only one I still have is the gas tank fill up issue. Good luck finding fixes for yours!

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Oh and ps my auto transmission is quite slow going into gear when cold but is ok otherwise. I think it could just use another fluid flush as the last one improved the operation immensely

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just my 2 cents, the 2005s were the first year for this style mustang and there were more recalls and tsbs than other years. Ive had a LOT of warranty work on mine but afterwards the problems were resolved. The only one I still have is the gas tank fill up issue. Good luck finding fixes for yours!
I have a gas tank problem too. But something is stuck in mine. Ha. But yeah, mine was a test car apparently. Made in January of 05. But Im doing everything I can to keep it. I love this car too much to get rid of it, even if that means dealing with the problems.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know exactly what you mean! Even after a wreck I've always got mine working well again! Best of luck again and you should post a pic of your baby!

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Yeah that's common my brother works for a Chrysler dealership and they wash the cars with a pressure washer and plain water, no soap, then dry them all with same chamois.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The gas tank problem can be solved by turning the handle 90 degrees when putting gas in. When a car has been sitting on the lot for a long period of time you should get all your fluids changed, unless you have documented that it has been done recently. If you've gotten a car fax the last fluid change will be listed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that's common my brother works for a Chrysler dealership and they wash the cars with a pressure washer and plain water, no soap, then dry them all with same chamois.
Oh wow..

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

The gas tank problem can be solved by turning the handle 90 degrees when putting gas in. When a car has been sitting on the lot for a long period of time you should get all your fluids changed, unless you have documented that it has been done recently. If you've gotten a car fax the last fluid change will be listed.
Ok, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts