Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my speedometer, odometer, and tripometer, stopped working on the way to work. Apparently when that's happened before the previous owner would just hit the dash and they would all start working again but that isnt working the only thing that happens when you do the is the speedo needle jumps a little. What should I check out first do yall think and has anyone had this problem beside me?

89 gt hatchback 5.0

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I pulled the instrument cluster forward and didn't really find any loose wiring or anything. Do yall think it is possible that it just finally went bad?

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
first chase the speedo cable from the cluster to the trans. sometimes they get damaged. if you dont see anything obvious you may just want to replace it anyways. they are about 20-25$. but before you buy one pull the cable out of the trans and pull out the speedo gear and make sure its not stripped.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got the same problem with my fuel gauge, it works only when I've been driving for 10-15 mins. Or so. Also my speedometer jumps until it gets to 20 then evens out, when I hit 60 it drops and hangs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same problem with the tach in my 92 LX. I bought a replacement OEM tach and installed it myself. It works great now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts