Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Problems with my Auto....

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  crabmeat 
#1 ·
Alright sometimes when I am accelerating from a dead stop the tranny wont shift from 1st to 2nd with out me taking my foot off the gas. The RPM's will keep going and going and it will not shift. It doesnt do it everytie just when I am accelerating at a decent speed.(Its never done it when i have it floored from a stop)

what could be causing this? Its annoying the #### out of me. I am going to buy a new tranny but before I do that I want to make sure that it isnt anything else that could be causing it. :?:

#5 ·
99vert said:
clutch plates :wtf: on an auto :wtf:

I thought the engine had a flexplate that was bolted to the torque converter which was attached to the tranny, without any clutchplates?
yes, the auto has a flexplate, but there are clutchplates inside the converter. the converter is like the automatics version of a clutch. simplest way put.

Very true

#6 ·
My G/F's auto does this... It's annoying as crap, I just figured atuo's in mustangs really sucked. I'll have to let her know that it's fixable.

#19 ·
Rellik said:
Then quit complaining about it and do it already!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: DUH!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
evin....i went to that muffler shop B&M in corona to have my duals put on. when i aproched the guy he like almost yelled at me and said to leave my car fo 4 or 5 hours. i tried to calm him down by saying i would come back another day and maybe we could set up a time. he went off on me again so i just told him i would contact him later. i then went to speedway muffler in rancho and the put it on in 2 hours and charged me $106 including tax. much nice people...easier to deal with.

#21 ·
Rellik said:
Reccomend them then. Why was he getting all hissy with you?
not sure why. maybe he had a bad night because he was late opening up the shop and when he came in there was like 3 people waiting for him. anyway it all worked out and this was my second dealing with speedway....good people>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.