Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Raxiom backup/4th brake light kit from American Muscle last year. About a month ago I noticed about 30% of the LED's in the bulb were not functioning. I went back to American Muscle and they said there was no warranty on that product and they did not sell it anymore. The one they sell is from Diode Dynamics. I contacted Diode Dynamics and they were able supply me with a bulb. I installed the bulb and had the same problem. I did some checking of the bulb socket and I have 12 volts when I apply the brake and backup light and 4.6 volts when the running lights are on. I bench tested the bulb and it indicated 30% of the LED's were not functioning. I contacted Diode Dynamics and they said it is unusual that the bulb would be bad but said they would send me a new one. My question for those with this kit have you had a similar problem and what have you done to correct it? Also any suggestions on what I might do before I put the new bulb in? I will definitely do a bench test first. Thanks for your help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts