Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 5.0 auto...ok in need of a oil change, and a quart low, the other day I drove 100 miles home and noticed oil or gas or idk what coming out of exhaust, it's ALLL over the back of my car, it's really greesy smells like oil...then today I drove to town andits whining like a bad bearing... coming from what sounds like transmission, cuz while it's doing it I can shift to N and it'll stop...but idk it could be from under the hood.help please

·
Registered
278 Posts
mystang50 said:
1995 5.0 auto...ok in need of a oil change, and a quart low, the other day I drove 100 miles home and noticed oil or gas or idk what coming out of exhaust, it's ALLL over the back of my car, it's really greesy smells like oil...then today I drove to town andits whining like a bad bearing... coming from what sounds like transmission, cuz while it's doing it I can shift to N and it'll stop...but idk it could be from under the hood.help please
When you accelerate is your exhaust smoke a different color? (Blue=oil, black=excess fuel)

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Sounds like you may have blown a seal or line on the transmission and are about to or maybe have destroyed it. The power steering pump or hose may also be the culprit.
I suggest you start checking your fluid levels and see what is low.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trojan Horse said:
Sounds like you may have blown a seal or line on the transmission and are about to or maybe have destroyed it. The power steering pump or hose may also be the culprit.
I suggest you start checking your fluid levels and see what is low.
Power steering was empty, guess that's what was leaking, but idk about transmission...is there a berraring for the driveshaft, cuz it only whines under a load (giving it gas)

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Power steering was empty, guess that's what was leaking, but idk about transmission...is there a berraring for the driveshaft, cuz it only whines under a load (giving it gas)
No bearing, but there is a bushing. I don't think it would whine though. If you are hearing a transmission whine it may be the pump at the front or possibly an internal roller bearing or planetary gears.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well found out was leaking, I have no idea where it came from, looks like the impact was from the inside, I have no idea how it happened..any guesses? so I'm kinda scared so idk i'll order a new cover and look when I get that in, didn't wanna take it off cuz I have no extra fluid and had to move it, so it's gotta sit

Attachments

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
well found out was leaking, I have no idea where it came from, looks like the impact was from the inside, I have no idea how it happened..any guesses? so I'm kinda scared so idk i'll order a new cover and look when I get that in, didn't wanna take it off cuz I have no extra fluid and had to move it, so it's gotta sit
Looks like you may have some broken internal parts in the rear end. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts