Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm ordering my front and rear bumpers tonight. I am also ordering two flowmaster 10's and a mac prochamber.

I have the stock headers and no cats, which of these should I go with?

MAC Off-road Pro Chamber Mustang Mid-Pipe (99-04 4.6L) PC9900 - Free Shipping!

or this shorty...
MAC Mustang Pro Chamber Shorty Off-road Mid-Pipe (99-04 GT, Cobra) PC4900 - Free Shipping!

I know they both say out of stock, but I'll find get either from mac, summit or somewhere. I just don't know which one to get.

Robb155, your input would be welcome as you have the same setup, minus I'm not going to end up doing the long tubes, or the highflow cats.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
i just got the shorty and welded it in...course i got mine used on CL for $30 so i didn't mind cutting it

also check out flowmonster race mufflers...they look to be the same build as a flow 10 for half the cash. i'll be ordering a pair in a week or so

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
If you have stock manifolds you need the first one. The second one is for LT headers and will be too short and won't reach the manifolds.

Especially if you have no plans on LT headers....get the first one so you don't have to pay more $ to have it fabbed. I would say if you planned on LT get the shorty and have a exhaust shop fab some done pipes to bolt into the shorty so you can change to LT later, but since you are not going to just get the one that fits. I have stock manifolds, pro chamber, and Mac catback....sounds amazing but not too loud (I have a convertible and my kids like riding in it so I didn't want it to scream so they covered their ears, I want them to enjoy it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts