Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 v6 that has a bone stock motor right now. But I was wondering if I were to put a prochager on my car would it kill the engine? I want the car to last, so can anyone give me advice on what i should do? I really want a procharger kit but if it'll kill the motor i'll go another route.. Anything is helpful, Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have a '95 v6 that has a bone stock motor right now. But I was wondering if I were to put a prochager on my car would it kill the engine? I want the car to last, so can anyone give me advice on what i should do? I really want a procharger kit but if it'll kill the motor i'll go another route.. Anything is helpful, Thanks
How many miles are on it??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anybody have any other answers that actually works on cars instead of buying a new one?
I've got my 96 gt, it's odometer stopped working at 191k miles and I'm plan on turbo charging it, I got it cheap and replacement engine parts aren't hard to come by if they break. If you don't mind the possibility of taking a few hundred dollar loss go for it.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Save your money and buy a new car with lower miles.
Normally im all for building on what you have. But if you dont have all the maintenance records and know that all the regular work has been done then it really just isnt smart to boost an engine that is coming up on 200k with an unknown history.

Yes, it can be done, and yes some have done it. Is it smart? Any respectable gear head would say no.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
have u thought about engine swap instead? how much does a procharger cost for ur car? and how well kept is ur car? just because it has high miles doesnt mean its trash already.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Best thing you can do for know is swaping for a low millage split-port engine you gonna already got 50hp more thant your 95 single port.... then after you could just put some bolt-on like the windstar intake, an exhaust, and a tuner...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Junkyard 4.2 swap then supercharge

·
Registered
108 Posts
Be honest with yourself:

How much money do you have to spend on the car right now, and how mechanical are you?

Labor is a killer, doing all the work yourself makes life cheaper.

- - -
4.2 from a junk yard (or LKQ is the best place) 300-500$
then the procharger kit

you could also do a JY bottom end, have your heads and intakes ported and run nitrous, check this guys videos out he runs 8th mile times that are equal to 03/04 cobra / new 5L cars and better.

Cammed V6 Mustang O/R w/ Pypes Violators - YouTube

If you do a supercoupe swap best to use the s/c bottom end over the 4.2 bottom. You don't need the displacement for torque and the s/c motor is stronger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts