Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys it's been a while and everything seems to be working out great so I figured I'd throw up some pics of my handy work and the process of procharging my gt for all to see.
The kit was used so I was hesitant to take pics until I knew it was solid and as you can see the logo is worn off it but it runs like a champ and I'm going to have it powdercoated a metallic crimson anyway at the first oil change.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Looks absolutely amazing!! You know yet how much your gonna get out of it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Surprisingly simple took me less than two days and if I hadn't been dicking around would've taken 1

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

I'm only running 6 psi till I can mod a few things and swap to the 12psi pulley sitting in my trunk so I would say right now I'm not pushing a ton to the wheel but its definitely more power than my tires can handle I was doing about 65 on the highway and laid into it a bit and as soon as it felt boost both rear tires broke loose and took a while to hook again.... It would never do that before!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's also got a turbosmart sequential BOV on it so it sounds hella nasty after boost

Kinda funny all the imports stopped revving at me now that you can hear it spooling louder than most semi trucks and blowing off like a supra

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yes video!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Very cool. Got a question however. Im curious as to how the intercooler bolted in? What holds the intercooler in place. Im considering use of a procharger intercooler with a turbo setup.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are brackets with holes to bolt them to .... Something ...... kinda just gotta find a place to drill into .... However I just simply wrapped mine in some heavy duty zip ties and used a clamping strip for extra security to hold it where it sits... The intercooler is very light and is very well supported by simply the tubing anyway so anything more seemed a bit like overkill
Also this way if the intercooler were to scrape on something, since I'm lowered, it has a bit of upward give
However it worked great for my application might not work the same for yours

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks for the responce. My application is for a 7.3 powerstroke swap on a new edge body car. I have a little more research to do before I jump blindly but im sure procharger will be able to acomidate my application.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Right on bro. That's awesome.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I will be joining you soon...getting my procharger today!
That thing is loud...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts