Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
There are a million different variables to consider when choosing to go forced induction. Before we can tell you what you would be happiest with we need to know more details about the car/plans you have for it. Is this going to just be a mild street car or full blown drag car? What type suspension setup do you have (Tubular k member and front end is required for turbos)? Are you going to get better internals? How much power do you want to make (be realistic)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I know is its an eibach sportline its will just be used for everyday car but want some power when I need it. Right now it has slotted and drilled rotors cobra calipers 3.73 rear end tk 600 tranny Hurst short shift. 315/35zr 17 in back and 275/40r 17 in front for tires getting list of parts in motor soon

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Ok if its going to be a street car and you don't have a tubular suspension already then go with the procharger. The internals of the motor is key to how much power you can run. And most people mess up and think its just the crank, rods, and pistons are what important, but fail to realize that the hardware used to put everything together is just as much if not more important to how far you can push it. Find out the internals along with what kind of main studs, rod bolts, head bolts, etc. were used if it has been rebuilt

·
Registered
813 Posts
Its being rebuilt by my dads friend a former mechanic for nascar now working for ford. told him I wanted 500 horse at flywheel told him to do his thing with torque.
Make damn sure it gets forged crank and rods. Lincoln mark viii's were cast cranks. And like Cody said it needs the proper hardware holding it together too. ARP is a good place to get that. Still what year Lincoln block?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Turbo makes more power on the same amount of boost proven fact
True. But turbo installs are much more in depth, turbo kits are much more expensive, and he would have to completely change his whole suspension up front. You may make more per lb of boost but if 500hp is all he is wanting then why spend 3 times the money to just say "Oh well I'm running 2 psi less than you are"? Just get a blower and run a little smaller pulley

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
True. But turbo installs are much more in depth, turbo kits are much more expensive, and he would have to completely change his whole suspension up front. You may make more per lb of boost but if 500hp is all he is wanting then why spend 3 times the money to just say "Oh well I'm running 2 psi less than you are"? Just get a blower and run a little smaller pulley
On3 performance 2k dollars why would he change his suspension? And install is easy have u ever put a turbo kit on?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I know nothing about the on3performance but the single turbo kit from American muscle is almost 6k. A turbo kit for 2k probably isn't worth buying but that is just my humble opinion but I've found that the cheap way is frequently the worst/wrong way

·
Registered
559 Posts
I know nothing about the on3performance but the single turbo kit from American muscle is almost 6k. A turbo kit for 2k probably isn't worth buying but that is just my humble opinion but I've found that the cheap way is frequently the worst/wrong way
I've been told the product itself is fine, but I've seen numerous reports of missing essential parts.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The on3 kit is more than 2k and the turbo, wastegate and BOV with their kits are junk. The piping is fine. And he has to do suspension work because the turbo kits won't fit around the stock k member

·
Registered
813 Posts
The on3 kit is more than 2k and the turbo, wastegate and BOV with their kits are junk. The piping is fine. And he has to do suspension work because the turbo kits won't fit around the stock k member
Buy 2 leaf blowers and pipe them in. That's different LOL.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts