Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having trouble deciding whether to put a Procharger or a TT on my 04 Cobra , the stock drive line is long gone . I have a 04 Mach 1 motor that has been rebuilt with forged internals, 4:30 solid axle rear , 5 spd Tremec , currently using a 200 hp shot of nitrous , shop where I got my bottles filled quit selling it now I have to drive 3 hrs round trip [ what a pain in the butt] , car is being built to go 1/8 & 1/4 mi but still drive around town. Price is about the same but TT is alot more work but dont care about that , just want what will work best for me . Any advice or intelligent comment would be appreciated:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hellion Im thinking , theres a place named New Mexico Solar & Wind , they have a HP Performance Twin Turbo kit that uses 2 5omm Garret turbos & all the hot side tubing is ceramic coated , kit is complete with k member , fuel pump upgrade which I already have & tune , its around $6400 . I sure dont want a On 3 kit , they are cheaper in price but I think the quality isnt there . If I go SC , I would get the PCS1 with 10 lb pulley & 3 core intercooler around $6200 for the complete kit , tuner kit is cheaper but doesnt come with FMU or Tune. I have a built 5.4 short block ready to go if I should hurt my aluminum block , just got to put my 32v heads on it & drop it in , so what ever I get I want it to work with that set up also

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You said 04 cobra so do you still have the stock blower? If so and you wanna do something different. Keep the blower and do the hellion twin kit.

I was in your shoes debating procharger or turbo. I bought an f1 procharger kit and sold it for twins before I even installed it.

I've seen several 03-04 cobras that are compound boosted meaning they have blowers and turbo. They are NASTY!!

Plus the hellion kit will for just as it is with your stock blower on a 03-04 termi

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
You said 04 cobra so do you still have the stock blower? If so and you wanna do something different. Keep the blower and do the hellion twin kit.

I was in your shoes debating procharger or turbo. I bought an f1 procharger kit and sold it for twins before I even installed it.

I've seen several 03-04 cobras that are compound boosted meaning they have blowers and turbo. They are NASTY!!

Plus the hellion kit will for just as it is with your stock blower on a 03-04 termi

His post says stock driveline is long gone, I'd assume that means the blower is long gone too.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I didn't read that, but that is perfectly fine lol it just won't be as awesome lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock blower is gone , bought the car as a roller , compound boost would be awesome but aint gonna happen here . IM leaning toward the TT , can get so much more out of it , was wondering how it will perform with 5 spd trans when drag racing ,

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm a 5 speed and an auto swapping just do to the fact that it's strictly a drag car. But if your wanting to play on the street too I would stick with a 5 speed.

I've got a pro force built 3650 supposed to support 750hp if you're in the market for a built trans.

But TT is the way to go!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love my 5 spd & do want to keep the car streetable , even with the 4:30-1 rear gears it runs & rides great on the street , Im quite sure its gonna be a twin turbo , now I gotta figure out which 1 , any body check that kit from New Mexico Solar & Wind ? strange name for a Performance Parts company but the set up they have looks real good , Go on their web site , check it out , give me your opinion on it if you have time ....Thanks Brothers

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Decided to go with Pro Charger stage II P-1SC with 10 lb pulley & 3-core intercooler . Hope Im right , can afford to do this once so I gotta nail it

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Should upgrade to a D1 unit or bigger right away...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Cant find 1 for 2004 Mach 1, checked Pro Chargers web site , they dont list it , who carries it ? I have a aluminum block , good to about 550 hp , P_1sc-2 should be plenty , if I wanted more boost then I would go with Twin Turbo

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Lethal performance or late model resto has them where you can select the upgrade, I'd upgrade the head unit ASAP. Surprised your going procharger but hey to each his own.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
If you buy a Procharger kit new you have the option to upgrade to a D1 head. I confirmed this when I talked to Procharger when I was researching for my Mach 1.

The P1's max out at ~11-12 lbs. You may need to upgrade to an 8 rib around 10lbs. Anything beyond that and you are exceeding the blower's capability and generating excessive heat. Since you're already built (I'm assuming correctly) then you can and will want to increase boost. It's just going to happen lol.

By having the D1 head you simply increase boost by pulley swaps and have much more room before over spinning the blower.

To me it's much easier to achieve more power than having to start over with a completely new setup (TT) and those inherit problems.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found it on the ATI pro charger web site , you are right , can be bought as a upgrade option when buying a P-1sc-2, calling for a price since they dont show it on the site but what ever the cost thats what Im getting , the pulley swap feature is nice . Thanks for the Heads Up Bro

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
No problem. Just wanted to make you aware of the upgrade so you don't end up spending more later. When I checked on it it was ~$450 upgrade when you purchased a new kit. It was well over $1k to buy the D1 head separate afterwards.

Given your setup I think you would be much happier with the D1 and the ability to run more boost. Plus the D1 head will be more efficient if you choose to run only 12lbs compared to a P1 which will be damn near maxed out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem. Just wanted to make you aware of the upgrade so you don't end up spending more later. When I checked on it it was ~$450 upgrade when you purchased a new kit. It was well over $1k to buy the D1 head separate afterwards.

Given your setup I think you would be much happier with the D1 and the ability to run more boost. Plus the D1 head will be more efficient if you choose to run only 12lbs compared to a P1 which will be damn near maxed out.
No Doubt I would of gotten bored with the P 1sc , and my motor was built to take more than 8-10 lb of boost , might as well use that potential , I paid for it . Thanks again for the advice.

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
How about doing something wild? Go twin Prochargers!

Pick your poison.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts