Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 GT. It has Steeda pulleys, springs and CAI. Borla exhaust, JOT oil sep, and a high performance tune. I was wondering if the procharger or Whipple would be better. I kinda liked the way the pro fit in the car but I know very little about super/turbo charging. Please let me known what you think and if there is any maintenance type things associated with them.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I am in the same phase looking and researching and i will definably go with a twin screw supercharger like wipple.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Paxton or bust!

I hate the procharger inlet design. The air filter sits above the header, it will heatsoak like crazy in daily driving.

Whipple had bad heatsoak as well. 20-30whp lost between dyno runs.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Paxton or Roush. I've been back and forth between the two, and I believe I'm going Roush. I don't plan on going past 650 for a few years and funds allow so tvs will do.
Paxton for a lot of potential.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Woodga16 said:
Paxton or Roush. I've been back and forth between the two, and I believe I'm going Roush. I don't plan on going past 650 for a few years and funds allow so tvs will do.
There's one member running the TVS pushing something crazy like 760+ to the rear wheels... On stock motor, hope he chimes in

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Woodga16 said:
Btw make sure you get some big injectors, the standard 47's will be too small for 650

·
Registered
412 Posts
Going with ID1000s. Ya I recall someone on here running those numbers. I'll be happy with ~650 until built motor. Roush unit is what I'm looking for as my DD. maybe 5yrs down the road I'll slap a big head unit centri and go big build.
From what I've seen on the 5.0s, I'm not partial to kenne belle like I was on evo models.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Haven't seen him on here in a while...wonder how it's holding up. Wnt2gofsts is still running strong at those #s.

·
Registered
412 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I haven't heard anything about the KB on the coyote... Is it not worth the money for our motors or what?
Less efficient than other options and a hefty price tag. They are quality NTL.
IMO, whipple2.9+>Roush>whipple>kb.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Yea I've just always known that in the past KB was the way to go, it was used on the super snakes, GT1000 and lots of terminators upgraded to the KB. I know they're expensive but I always thought that they were far more efficient too. Guess not anymore lol.

Yea I would say a whipple 2.9 is gonna be better than a 2.3 sc lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Yea I've just always known that in the past KB was the way to go, it was used on the super snakes, GT1000 and lots of terminators upgraded to the KB. I know they're expensive but I always thought that they were far more efficient too. Guess not anymore lol.

Yea I would say a whipple 2.9 is gonna be better than a 2.3 sc lol
Kb hasn't necessarily lowered in quality, but Roush tvs has vastly improved. Amazing for its size.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Woodga16 said:
Kb hasn't necessarily lowered in quality, but Roush tvs has vastly improved. Amazing for its size.
+1. There just is a point that if you can't plant the power what's the point? I may get my car back tomorrow. Most likely Wednesday but I'll let you know what I think of the tvs2300 and how it fairs to my brother-in-laws gt500. Hope it pulls as hard.

·
Registered
412 Posts
poloka said:
+1. There just is a point that if you can't plant the power what's the point? I may get my car back tomorrow. Most likely Wednesday but I'll let you know what I think of the tvs2300 and how it fairs to my brother-in-laws gt500. Hope it pulls as hard.
What pulley are you going with?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Woodga16 said:
O yea I didn't mean that, I just meant is it not worth the money over the current eaton and whipple blowers

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

But that's been anawered

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
So at what point will I start having issues if i went with a supercharger? With moderate use, will my stang still live a lengthy life? I'm looking at a tvs and wouldn't want to do anything more than the 545 hp it starts at.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Kaane said:
Paxton or bust!

I hate the procharger inlet design. The air filter sits above the header, it will heatsoak like crazy in daily driving.

Whipple had bad heatsoak as well. 20-30whp lost between dyno runs.
Lol ah first hand experience hear bro and I installed it myself two sets of dyno pulls and no heat soak. Don't know where u got your bad data from.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
3 dyno pulls in a basement 83 degree weather all done in 12 minutes

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ya never heard whipples heat soak faster than other pd units. They all will under right circumstances. Honestly, your car has the best whipple graph I've seen with amount of # you're running. Bet it pulls hard :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Woodga16 said:
Ya never heard whipples heat soak faster than other pd units. They all will under right circumstances. Honestly, your car has the best whipple graph I've seen with amount of # you're running. Bet it pulls hard :)
It does, I wouldn't recommend the whipple because it is more expensive then a roush which literally has the same kit for less but heat soak is never a concern in my car and get in the bottom of 5th go wot on it and just feel it pull from 55 until u decide ur satisfied and then u can peel ur back off the seat.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Woodga16 said:
What pulley are you going with?
85mm. Still playing it safe.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Mikeyt03 said:
So at what point will I start having issues if i went with a supercharger? With moderate use, will my stang still live a lengthy life? I'm looking at a tvs and wouldn't want to do anything more than the 545 hp it starts at.
If a DD, and you don't WOT all the time a well built engine should last. It just comes down to the weakest link game. I hear first to go is clutch/pressure plate, spline axels, and in worse case the rods. I got a machinist who told me to replace my spline axels ASAP cause I'm going to twist them off. As for the clutch ill come to my 50k maintenance with a high performance clutch. I know I need a better break setup. The 4 piston brembos aren't going to cut it at the track.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts