Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Are you looking to go fast and have lots of power or just a project v6? Because if fast and power I would say just sell the v6 and with the money you get form that get a GT I mean 9k is lots of money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
honestly i'd look into finding a used supercharger kit instead of paying over 4K for a new one

with 9K you can do wonders to that car... shall i make a nice list for you? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Torchredfrankie said:
Are you looking to go fast and have lots of power or just a project v6? Because if fast and power I would say just sell the v6 and with the money you get form that get a GT I mean 9k is lots of money
Well I've had this car for a while I wanna go faster but it just like my car a lot! Ha probably Kuz it was my first car

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Soccerluvr4 said:
There is a guy who procharged his 6er, i'll tell him to pop in here and help you out.
Ok thanks

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

davidcseifert said:
honestly i'd look into finding a used supercharger kit instead of paying over 4K for a new one

with 9K you can do wonders to that car... shall i make a nice list for you? lol
Yes! That would be great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,274 Posts
^list it lol iv been saving up and would like to do something like this
Ive got an overhaul thread with an extensive list of modifications. My budget is about what yours is and ive been accomplishing quite a bit. Best thing to do is plan it all out and know where you want it to end up. Good luck and have fun with it!

Id link my overhaul thread, but im not sure how from my phone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,311 Posts
if you have 9k to spend sell your v6 and look for a nice 4v...you can find 99 cobras and decent mach 1's for around 10k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
If you spend 9k on a v6 and can't run 11s something was done wrong.

Which brings me to this point:

- Every car meet I've been to I find a bolt on 4v and people look at it and go *eh another bolt on 4v an keep moving*

- With my car they stop, stare, look all over the engine bay, walk off, walk back to look again, try and find the owner, ask questions, before long I have a crowd gathered to look at the turbo v6

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
If you spend 9k on a v6 and can't run 11s something was done wrong.

Which brings me to this point:

- Every car meet I've been to I find a bolt on 4v and people look at it and go *eh another bolt on 4v an keep moving*

- With my car they stop, stare, look all over the engine bay, walk off, walk back to look again, try and find the owner, ask questions, before long I have a crowd gathered to look at the turbo v6

:)
I bet that makes you feel so good inside haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
sup mattthegreat! I'm the guy soccorluvr was telling you about. I have an 01 V6 with a procharger with the smallest pulley you get away with (3.2") + a bunch of the other s h & t. I would encourage you to buy new, I did, and am still please with the avenue I took. buy new, and there's the piece of mind knowing that the only abuse its seen will be the abuse YOU give it.

You're stock guts will handle around 350hp or so. Some get away with more, some with less on OE bottom end. But, 350 was the fig givin to me by my tuner resources. A base P-1SC w a 2 core intercooler will take you a little over 300hp at the crank. With some pulley swaps you can get it a little closer to 350hp got mine to 340 before I built the bottem end. If you're looking for more power, I'd suggest a D-1SC (which is what I'm upgrading mine to soon).

I saw you only have 9k to work with, davids got some wonderful ideas. I'd suggest a 4:10 gear in there, though I'm positive he'd concur along with also suggesting that avenue as well.

Anywho, just fulfilling a request by a friend. told me about you that you were inquiring about centrifs and such. Can tell you from experience, all these thousands of dollars later, I don't regret one decision. I have had SO much fun with this system. Am eager to upgrade and make more power, explore more things with my V6, achieve faster times at the 1/4.

anyway, get at me if you have anymore questions and concerns about this topic. would be tickled to discuss them further with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
I have a 2003 v6 and am looking at superchargers and stuff I have about 9k to work with but don't wanna use money unnecessarily ha would u have to upgrade my engine parts pistons injectors exc.. with this charger or can I run it bone stock?

ProCharger Stage II Intercooled Mustang Supercharger System (99-04 V6) 1FI202-SCI - Free Shipping!
mattthegreat210,

First, if you're dead set on keep this car because of sentimental value, I do understand that. On to your question-

You will be okay with running the Procharger kit on low boost without building your engine. Of course, this will accelerate the wear on the internals and in a few years, it will most likely have to be rebuilt.

That being said, I highly suggest selling the car and purchasing a 96-98 Cobra. You can find these Cobras for really cheap now and if you keep an eye out, there's still a few in great shape. Chances are, you'll be able to use the 9k to buy the Cobra and then take the money from selling your v6 to mod or put in your pocket.

I think you have to make the decision on keeping or selling the car first. Then look at your options from there. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rinfield2004 said:
sup mattthegreat! I'm the guy soccorluvr was telling you about. I have an 01 V6 with a procharger with the smallest pulley you get away with (3.2") + a bunch of the other s h & t. I would encourage you to buy new, I did, and am still please with the avenue I took. buy new, and there's the piece of mind knowing that the only abuse its seen will be the abuse YOU give it.

You're stock guts will handle around 350hp or so. Some get away with more, some with less on OE bottom end. But, 350 was the fig givin to me by my tuner resources. A base P-1SC w a 2 core intercooler will take you a little over 300hp at the crank. With some pulley swaps you can get it a little closer to 350hp got mine to 340 before I built the bottem end. If you're looking for more power, I'd suggest a D-1SC (which is what I'm upgrading mine to soon).

I saw you only have 9k to work with, davids got some wonderful ideas. I'd suggest a 4:10 gear in there, though I'm positive he'd concur along with also suggesting that avenue as well.

Anywho, just fulfilling a request by a friend. told me about you that you were inquiring about centrifs and such. Can tell you from experience, all these thousands of dollars later, I don't regret one decision. I have had SO much fun with this system. Am eager to upgrade and make more power, explore more things with my V6, achieve faster times at the 1/4.

anyway, get at me if you have anymore questions and concerns about this topic. would be tickled to discuss them further with you.
Thank u very much! And yes I will be having questions later! Lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,311 Posts
Remember at the end of the day its just a car...so dont let sentiment stop you from making a good decision.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top