Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2013 GT and I just started saving up for a centi type supercharger. I like the other brands like whipple, kenne bell, rousch and ford but I am 99% sure on a centi type. I have done some research on the procharger, Vortech an Paxton and I can't figure out which one I want. I know with ether one I choose I will be happy but it's time to see what you guys would go with.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have 2013 GT and I just started saving up for a centi type supercharger. I like the other brands like whipple, kenne bell, rousch and ford but I am 99% sure on a centi type. I have done some research on the procharger, Vortech an Paxton and I can't figure out which one I want. I know with ether one I choose I will be happy but it's time to see what you guys would go with.
Same page as you, little by little saving for the blower and i am stock between paxton and procharger. Even thought i have a slight tilt to paxton, because of how clean it looks.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same page as you, little by little saving for the blower and i am stock between paxton and procharger. Even thought i have a slight tilt to paxton, because of how clean it looks.
Thats awesome! I had my mind set on procharger but I like the set up on the Paxton and Vortech. It seems they all are pretty much the same. They all have good hp and tq rating, drivability, and a nice clean look to them all. I also like the Vortech cuz they have a black set up. But I also like the polished set up as well.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

How about this. You get Paxton. Ill get procharger. Come out to Vegas and well hit the strip lol.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I may be wrong on the newer Mustangs but I know on the older ones the Paxton had self contained oil so you didn't have to tap your oil pan. I was always going to go Paxton for that alone since I was always weary about that and they were the only one that was self contained. I'm sure if you have a shop installing it it won't make a difference but I never trusted myself tapping it and not getting shavings in my oil pan lol

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Thats awesome! I had my mind set on procharger but I like the set up on the Paxton and Vortech. It seems they all are pretty much the same. They all have good hp and tq rating, drivability, and a nice clean look to them all. I also like the Vortech cuz they have a black set up. But I also like the polished set up as well.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

How about this. You get Paxton. Ill get procharger. Come out to Vegas and well hit the strip lol.
Deal lol, or you can come to miami and we can hit homestead speedway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I may be wrong on the newer Mustangs but I know on the older ones the Paxton had self contained oil so you didn't have to tap your oil pan. I was always going to go Paxton for that alone since I was always weary about that and they were the only one that was self contained. I'm sure if you have a shop installing it it won't make a difference but I never trusted myself tapping it and not getting shavings in my oil pan lol
The Paxton 2200SL is self contained , no tapping. You can't go wrong with any FI on these cars but I love my Paxton!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice I think im leaning towards Paxton!

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Are Paxton and Vortech the same company. They seem very similar?
Yes they are the same. the only difference in the kits is the head unit. The Paxton is a bigger blower and can support more hp.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Check out the new Procharger model # I-1. It sounds like a hell of a set up for a supercharger!! I'm planing on getting one on my 2012 5.0!!
I live like 3 miles from Prochargers and I've been talking to them about the I-1.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I know I am!! It may be more expensive, but I think it will be worth it!! Since I live so. Close to Procharger, I'm going to get with them and see if they need a 2012 GT 5.0 for testing and show!!!

The I-1 is suppose to be ready for the Mustang 5.0 in April.. It is going to be a bad a** supercharger!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts