Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
both have perks.

PC has the intercooler
Vortech has the V2sq (super quiet blower)

both have small disadvantages

PC some people arent seeing great numbers with them
Vortech, you have to tap into the oil pan, which is a pain

btw, this belongs in Power Adders Forum, not bolt-ons

·
Registered
941 Posts
monkey hit it dead on... i'd probably go with a vortech money wise because you can find them for cheap whereas the procharger you'd probably have to buy new straight from procharger. if money was no object i'd go with procharger though.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
ive heard of more gains from procharger... if u have the money id say go that route

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
First, I'd rather spend that 3 or 4 grand on better heads, intake, and cam, and all the bolt-ons I could get my hands on.

But, I'd go with ATI Procharger. I just think that intercooler would look good tucked under a Saleen front bumper! :headbang:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ati Procharger VS Vortec

I Have the procharger with 13psi and very well built 3.8 engine and I am pushing 330 to the rear and running very rich. I tried vortec 6- 7psi and it was alright I spent my money on procharger all I am waiting on is ford chip becuase they are dam slow.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You know If I had the money I would get a Vortech !!!!!

OH Hell thats right I just bought a Vortech that is why I dont have any money!!!!! :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Danger Dude said:
You know If I had the money I would get a Vortech !!!!!
OH Hell thats right I just bought a Vortech that is why I dont have any money!!!!! :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D ;)
Preach it brother Corey, I'm in the same boat.

Oh, btw, guy told me he'd ship today or tomorrow. W00T! Of course, can't do crap until I get a chip ordered anyway...which I have no idea when I'm going to do that or when I'll get the extra $350-$400!. :( Pray for me Brother Corey that God will supply some extra cash and not smite me for not paying off my debtors but using it for a freakin chip!

·
Registered
122 Posts
If I had the money I would opt for a vortech S trim V2sq and not a procharger. I think the vortech units are a bit more durable and can handle more boost safely.

I would do a vortech with a procharger intercooler and get the best of both worlds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts