Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a birthday next month and my wife is gonna get me a gift. I have CAI,exhaust system and 3.73 gears. And about to buy some headers. So should I get a programmer or a throttle body first?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
tuner!! from where though ? idk? i've heard a few bad stories from the bama tunes but ive yet to decide where im gona buy my tune from

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
BAMA's tunes are as good as anyone's mail-order tune, and better to the extent that they seem very willing to work with owners to get things right. If you really want it done right the other option is to learn to tune it yourself and buy a tuning system that is designed for doing. Delta Force's Special Forces and Commando packages are great for DIY tuners.

Tuning is not difficult you just need to be willing to learn how--even the best tuner out there started out not knowing squat. Greg Banish's book Engine Management: Advanced Tuning is a great place to start.

Oh, a TB by itself will do nothing. The upper plenum is the weak link in the intake tract--see step #4 here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts