Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iv been prepping for my long tube header install for a while and I finally started it today. I will be updating this post as I progress thro the project

So far this is what I have done
1. I ordered pacesetters long tube headers and I striped the black paint and painted both headers with high temp paint

2. I disconnected the battery and removed the battery box

3. I then removed my stock h pipe

4. Then removed the stering rod in the engine bay.

5. Then toke out the starter on the passenger side.

This is were I am at now I will post more pics of the project tommorw morning and update this with things I will do in the morning. If anyone wantsore detail including sizes of bolts I'm more the. Happy to help ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388396138.769195.jpg

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This'll be interesting. I've heard nothing but complaints on pacesetter fitment.

See I herd good reviews on them about fitment. The only problem I herd was the paint. And making shure to get them coated with a lot of ceramic paint ( I was told the flame proff can would work)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impressive. Something I wouldn't wanna do myself for sure

We'll I'm pretty confident in my abilities to get this done. I have done a ton of research before I started. The reson I'm doing it my self is becouse the cost for a shop is just to high

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It's still a little high for me. And plus I enjoy working on my car
300 was my quote for shorty's and x pipe, small town shop to! but I just checked for ****ts and giggles, I'm like you lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
Don't forget to start that beast straight headers! Everything blew out from under my car when I did mine..it sounds sick

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't forget to start that beast straight headers! Everything blew out from under my car when I did mine..it sounds sick

Hell yeah of corse I'm ganna. I didn't even think that had to be said. I actully found some manual cutouts for 80 buck I'm considering getting

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I got a late start today. I barely started at 430. And finished at 515 becouse it got way to dark. Here's my step for today

1. Removed oil catch can

2. Removed tower brace

3. Removed the driver side motor mount

4. Raised up the engine and removed motor mount from engine

5. Removed the stock header and that's were I'm at today

1 - 20 of 77 Posts