Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The way I look at it is that I could take that money and buy other mods. And plus there's nothing like the pride of saying " I did this on my own" and honestly I fell like if someone else does work on ur car. You didn't make it faster they did

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
The way I look at it is that I could take that money and buy other mods. And plus there's nothing like the pride of saying " I did this on my own" and honestly I fell like if someone else does work on ur car. You didn't make it faster they did
Some people work 110+ hours a week

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you have enough room, I would drop the k member. That's what I did when I installed my stainless works headers. Makes it a whole lot easier & I didn't have to remove the starter.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I'm ganan start of by saying this is the closest iv ever been to just setting my car on fire and walking away. I worked on it for another hour today and here's what I got done.

They supply you with some new header bolts to replace the old studs. You are supposed to remove them. Since I'm working by myself I left them in to hold the header in place. What I did was slide the header in with the gasket onto the studs I left in. Then I would tighten down some bolts. On top the first 3 are easy to hand tight but the last one requiers a gear wrench I will have to by tommorw. On the bottom it is impossible for me to get the 2 rear bolts in. But the other 2 are easy. Then I lowerd the engine down a little and got the header flush and tightend down the bolts. So now I am very close to being finished with the driver side

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Today I got the driver side header all tightened up and my driver side motor mount back on. And the dip stick

The fitment on my pacesetter header is great I have had no problems with it besides the 2 back bolt on the very bottom. But after some swear word, elbow grease and a gear wrench I got the 2nd to last one in but the last one is not possible to get with the engine in the car.

Tommorw I will re install the stering shaft and start on the passenger side wich I hear is a whole lot Easyer then the other side. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
630 Posts
Today I got the driver side header all tightened up and my driver side motor mount back on. And the dip stick

The fitment on my pacesetter header is great I have had no problems with it besides the 2 back bolt on the very bottom. But after some swear word, elbow grease and a gear wrench I got the 2nd to last one in but the last one is not possible to get with the engine in the car.

Tommorw I will re install the stering shaft and start on the passenger side wich I hear is a whole lot Easyer then the other side. Fingers crossed
Glad to hear about good progress! You will love long tubes. As for the passenger, its 100x easier than the driver side! Good thing you got the hard one out of the way first! Good luck with the rest of the install and if you can, let us hear a video of the open headers when done and your full set up!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I will for shure have a video up. I'm considering dumping my exaust right after the prochamber. Kinda like this ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388634667.383052.jpg accept I will just dump it and I want have the cherry bombs

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So today's update :

Got my sterring colum all back in and my motor mount in right. And removed the passenger motor mount.

Today I came across a problem with the driver side motor mount. The header is in the way when trying to screw the bolt back on. I fixed this by lifting the engine back up. And starting the bolt and slowly lowering the engine back down while I kept spinning the bolt. But my advice to anyone else doin this is to take a river mallet and finding right were header is ganan meet the bolt and give it a nice dent to give yourself soon room

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Just curious did the instructions recommend removing the engine mounts ?
I remember my friend put Kooks in his 07 , and he had very little problems , think he installed them on his back in the garage in around 4 or 5 hours
unlike my last header install in my old 03 Mach1 , witch took 3 , 6 or 7 hour days , never forget that nightmare , :lol:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just curious did the instructions recommend removing the engine mounts ?

I remember my friend put Kooks in his 07 , and he had very little problems , think he installed them on his back in the garage in around 4 or 5 hours

unlike my last header install in my old 03 Mach1 , witch took 3 , 6 or 7 hour days , never forget that nightmare , :lol:

Yes they say it's a must

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Only took me and my buddy 4hrs and with JBA LTs if you remove the mounts you get more clearances for the headers to go up under.

The only reson I'm taking so long is cuz It's getting to dark to work at like 530 were I'm at and I work graveyard shifts as a firefighter

21 - 40 of 77 Posts