Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yes but it sound wired

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Fells like engine is shaking and sounds like a very aggressive cam. Maby I'm just panicking

·
Registered
269 Posts
Maybe you disconnected some vacuum lines or wires when you removed and lifted the motor mounts during your header install

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Maybe you disconnected some vacuum lines or wires when you removed and lifted the motor mounts during your header install

Maby I could see that

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

What ones? And we're would I check

·
Registered
269 Posts
Any and all vacuum lines that are connected to the intake manifold, have a another person listen for any vacuum leaks while you rev the engine.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yeah but not with the header tune they sent me when I installed my headers...I tried to get a better tune and when they sent it, it would never run right so I just kept my original on. It would start, shoot up rpms, then drop down to like 400-500 and lope dirty and shake. It would eventually come down but it would search for an idle constantly

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak to me. running open long tubes just for start up with no tune will not drop the idle. Saying you disconnected the battery for that long, will cause a weird idle on start up if you don't reprogram your tps.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Ok guys final write up.

Yesterday I worked for a good couple hours and did the following

1. Removed the stock passenger header which was a lot Easyer then the first one

2. Grabed my pacesetter lt header and got that bolted up pretty easy.

3. Installed the motor mount on that side. Witch for me was a lot harder then the driver side one becouse of the 2 front bolts.

4. Then I got the the starter back on with a lot of frustration.

Today I just tightend everything up and fixed my problem from yesterday. New video will be up shortly

61 - 77 of 77 Posts