Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geico will be $260 a month.
Progressive will be $280 monthly or $240 a month if I pay 6 months in full.

Progressive also offers the snapshot discount. If anything know anything about that please elaborate. All I was told is that it monitors mileage and breaking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Stay away from snapshot !!, :bad:
it monitors your driving habits, so in a nutshell if you constantly exceed speed limits it will cause your insurance to go up ! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluman said:
Stay away from snapshot !!, :bad:
it monitors your driving habits, so in a nutshell if you constantly exceed speed limits it will cause your insurance to go up ! :eek:
See I asked about that and the guy specifically told me that if I race it won't make my insurance go up. He said it can't negatively effect you the only thing that can happen is that I won't get a discount or it won't be as high if I break hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
bluman said:
Stay away from snapshot !!, :bad:
it monitors your driving habits, so in a nutshell if you constantly exceed speed limits it will cause your insurance to go up ! :eek:
Wrong!.. I've got Progressive and I used the Snapshot!.. It just monitors how hard you hit the gas and brakes!... Keep your foot out of the gas most of the time and ease into the brakes, rates go down!.. You can race it from time to time and your rates will still go down!.. I was paying $150 a month about a year ago, now I'm paying $101 a month!.. Same coverage!..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eturner said:
Wrong!.. I've got Progressive and I used the Snapshot!.. It just monitors how hard you hit the gas and brakes!... Keep your foot out of the gas most of the time and ease into the brakes, rates go down!.. You can race it from time to time and your rates will still go down!.. I was paying $150 a month about a year ago, now I'm paying $101 a month!.. Same coverage!..
Wait so it monitors has as well? They told me mileage and breaking. It can't negatively effect your rates right? I do like to race from time to time. Maybe once a month I punch it. I don't want that to ruin my rates though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I may be wrong but...
why does an insurance company care how hard you brake ???
are they replacing your brakes or monitoring your MPG ??? :confused:
wake up ! :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
Missxalii said:
Wait so it monitors has as well? They told me mileage and breaking. It can't negatively effect your rates right? I do like to race from time to time. Maybe once a month I punch it. I don't want that to ruin my rates though.
Ya they told me the milage thing too!.. But that can't be true as I drive my car far more than what I originally told them!.. I told them I drive maybe 1000 a month, but it's more like just under 1500 most months!.. Lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
bluman said:
I may be wrong but...
why does an insurance company care how hard you brake ???
are they replacing your brakes or monitoring your MPG ??? :confused:
wake up ! :banghead:
My thoughts exactly. I can't stand Progressive for many reasons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Wait so it monitors has as well? They told me mileage and breaking. It can't negatively effect your rates right? I do like to race from time to time. Maybe once a month I punch it. I don't want that to ruin my rates though.
In the end it's really your call whether to install it or not, can't speak for you but why take a chance, I would decline snapshot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
bluman said:
I may be wrong but...
why does an insurance company care how hard you brake ???
are they replacing your brakes or monitoring your MPG ??? :confused:
wake up ! :banghead:
Simple!.. How hard you hit the gas and brakes is an illustration as to your driving habits!.. If your hitting the gas hard at each light, then having to hit the brakes hard to keep from hitting some one!.. Your probably a high risk for causing an accident!.. Vs some one who eases into the gas and barely has to touch their brakes just to bring their car to a stop!..

Proven statistics actually!..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Ya they told me the milage thing too!.. But that can't be true as I drive my car far more than what I originally told them!.. I told them I drive maybe 1000 a month, but it's more like just under 1500 most months!.. Lol
Don't be surprised when your rate goes up due to your excessive mileage from what you stated to Progressive,
years ago I foolishly answered a survey from my Insurance Company (State Farm) admitting truthfully that I had a round trip of 40 miles insted of 10, my rate shot up and when I questioned it, they said that I was driving more than the 7500 I stated to them !

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Simple!.. How hard you hit the gas and brakes is an illustration as to your driving habits!.. If your hitting the gas hard at each light, then having to hit the brakes hard to keep from hitting some one!.. Your probably a high risk for causing an accident!.. Vs some one who eases into the gas and barely has to touch their brakes just to bring their car to a stop!..

Proven statistics actually!..
I get what you are saying, but I really don't believe that is what they are looking at


do YOU hit the brakes and accelerator pedal with exactly the same pressure/force every time ??? :wtf
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
Why those companies? Neither can touch what I have through allstate. Usaa comes close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,257 Posts
bluman said:
Don't be surprised when your rate goes up due to your excessive mileage from what you stated to Progressive,
years ago I foolishly answered a survey from my Insurance Company (State Farm) admitting truthfully that I had a round trip of 40 miles insted of 10, my rate shot up and when I questioned it, they said that I was driving more than the 7500 I stated to them !

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
They already know about my mileage!.. I asked them before if it really mattered, they said no!.. They just wanted an initial impression as to how much I drive!.. Plus I'm in the military so I've got bit of an excuse for the extra miles!..

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

bluman said:
I get what you are saying, but I really don't believe that is what they are looking at

do YOU hit the brakes and accelerator pedal with exactly the same pressure/force every time ??? :wtf
With the gas it's actually measuring how fast your accelerating, ie. do you really need to wrap your RPMs up to 4000+ from every stop?!?.... No!..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Try Cotton States. They are the best I've found so far. My insurance for my 2012 gt and my 2005 dodge ram 1500 hemi is around $645 every 6 months..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
vargas2412 said:
Try USAA...good rates.
Not just anyone can get usaa. I was quite suprised at their rates. Wanted double for my home owners
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
First, did you call on the phone or get a quote from the Internet? Sometimes you can get a cheaper quote if you deal directly with the insurance company, not just an agent who wants to get a policy fee.

Second, anything they record can come back to bite you in buttocks. Especially if your in an accident. If this is an agent, BE CAREFUL. They only care about THEIR money, they do not represent you. Only if they give you a higher quote, will they start looking for a better price, if you complain at all.

Third, if you don't own your house, you might try dropping the higher coverage. 50/100 should cover you. If you hit someone and do over $100,000, you will be filing bankruptcy. Do you have homeowners insurance? Sometimes you can get a better deal if you have Renters or Homeowners insurance and your car insurance in the same company.

Fourth, Insurance companies generally will charge you more the first time you get a policy with them. Insurance companies have a lot of people that change policies every six months, even if it's a difference of a couple of bucks.

Firth, MILEAGE is Important! The more miles you drive, the more chance you are likely to be in an accident. Also, it’s another way if your way over the mileage for the company to refuse to pay if your in an accident.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top