Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1995 Mustang GT 5.0 and I was wondering if yall could help me along with the project. I dont know what I should do first, whats I need to read up on, or what I should look at to see if I need to replace any worn out parts. If u could please help me I would really appriciate it alot. Thanks...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,350 Posts
How about some shots of under the hood?


There's the basic 'bolt on' type modifications.

Underdrive pulley - phenolic spacers - headers - intake systems.

then you can do some work on the heads - allowing a better flow of air and exhaust which will add power.

You can change the cam which will alter the duration which the intake and exhaust valves are open and when they open

There is a lot of money to be spent. I would recommend doing internal work first. Save up and get a performance kit with new heads and cam.. then work on the intakes then slap on a supercharger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Blue GT 5.O said:
I just bought a 1995 Mustang GT 5.0 and I was wondering if yall could help me along with the project. I dont know what I should do first, whats I need to read up on, or what I should look at to see if I need to replace any worn out parts. If u could please help me I would really appriciate it alot. Thanks...

You have a 5.0, I envy you.
There is unlimitless possibilities you can go with.
It depends on what you want.

N/A? Forced Induction?

What kind of hp are you looking for? Do you want to drag? Or Autocross ect ect..

All kinds of questions to be answered.

Anyway, what I would do with the great 5.0 is maintain it!!
Keep that puppy in great shape!

First, allll the main. things shoudl be done.

Change: Oilchange, PCV valve, Fuel filter, sparkplugs, run some fuel injection cleaner, Check your front end for warn parts, check your battery cables, flush your coolant. Tranny fluid, rear diff fluid.

If you can do all that yourself, it will be fun, easy, and you'll have a good starting point to start modding that beast. Keep that 5.0 healthy or ill kill you and take it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Then when it comes down to starting to mod it, you can always start with small cheap bolt ons, look on ebay for:

a CAI, UDP, TB, Exhaust, ect.

Then when you get that stuff worry about engine stuff, just by popping some new intakes and headers on a 5.0 you'll see a large increase.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,280 Posts
if it were me id go with

1. K&N Conical Filter
2. True Duals, 2.25", H or X pipe(your choice, same thing really) and some sort of muffler(flomaster, magnaflow, borla). talk to a muffler shop, you can get all this installed for about 300.
3. Rear End Gears, id get 3.73's or 4.10's. this will be the one mod that you will feel more than any other on your butt dyno, aside from a supercharger.
4. Heads, you can get GT40 heads since its a 5.0, and i dont think you need them ported, they flow better than stock anyways, but even a little port and polish job will do wonders.

thats what id do. with all these mods, youll be doing at least 14's in the 1/4. this will cost you a MAX of 2,000$ to get done. and you will spank many riceboys, as well as dethrone some f-bodies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Smokedya95stang said:
You have a 5.0, I envy you.
There is unlimitless possibilities you can go with.
It depends on what you want.

N/A? Forced Induction?

What kind of hp are you looking for? Do you want to drag? Or Autocross ect ect..

All kinds of questions to be answered.

Anyway, what I would do with the great 5.0 is maintain it!!
Keep that puppy in great shape!

First, allll the main. things shoudl be done.

Change: Oilchange, PCV valve, Fuel filter, sparkplugs, run some fuel injection cleaner, Check your front end for warn parts, check your battery cables, flush your coolant. Tranny fluid, rear diff fluid.

If you can do all that yourself, it will be fun, easy, and you'll have a good starting point to start modding that beast. Keep that 5.0 healthy or ill kill you and take it.
Im lookin for about 400+ hp..I want to make it a drag but right now I street race...thanks for all the help guys...anymore ideas please list them on here. thanks again
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,507 Posts
Blue GT 5.O said:
Im lookin for about 400+ hp..I want to make it a drag but right now I street race...thanks for all the help guys...anymore ideas please list them on here. thanks again
:drive: sorry dude, but please be safe when you race. :damnit:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
if u want 400 hp, buy some heads, (edlebrock, ect) Cam, and intakes (edlebrock, ect)
Theres different combination heads and intakes combo's its not like choosing it for a six.

So get a catolog, and choose wisely.
After that, slap a supercharger, you'll be near your goals with some bolt ons as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can someone explain to me exacally what gears and heads and things like that would do.I dont know alot about all this stuff but i want to learn.Thanks.I need site too please
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top