Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gathering parts for my headlight project. Still undecided exactly which way I'm gonna go. Here is what I'm installing and a couple pics to throw some ideas out there. Hope you guys enjoy and follow along. This should be interesting lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm actually doing my retrofit too. I thought about doing this mod. Now that I see it, I like it. I kinda want to run those ccfl ropes in between the turn signals, almost like the 13-14 headlights.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Looks good so far. been looking for an extra set of headlights to do something like this on but cant find anything under $300 a set

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm actually doing my retrofit too. I thought about doing this mod. Now that I see it, I like it. I kinda want to run those ccfl ropes in between the turn signals, almost like the 13-14 headlights.
I was thinking of putting something there as well. Problem is that area is extremely close to the outer lens. It may fit there, but I'm not sure. You would have to cut them down, as that area is only about 6" total if you follow it back to the main reflector. You'd also have to glue them in there I would think. The clips wouldn't fit in the groove.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looks good so far. been looking for an extra set of headlights to do something like this on but cant find anything under $300 a set

eBay there like $150 lol. American muscle has the euro style ones for $165 I believe. These are 2010-2012 headlights tho

IG: justaslow3.7

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was thinking of putting something there as well. Problem is that area is extremely close to the outer lens. It may fit there, but I'm not sure. You would have to cut them down, as that area is only about 6" total if you follow it back to the main reflector. You'd also have to glue them in there I would think. The clips wouldn't fit in the groove.

Yeah, I was thinking to use a thinner rope if it's available. It's not a deal breaker but I figured, if I have them open might as well look into it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was thinking to use a thinner rope if it's available. It's not a deal breaker but I figured, if I have them open might as well look into it.
I was looking at 12v EL rope, but may only be visible at night. It's some type of neon rope light. I'm sure it would work, but just not sure how bright it'd be.

Btw, I got my lights on ebay for $131 shipped.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was looking at 12v EL rope, but may only be visible at night. It's some type of neon rope light. I'm sure it would work, but just not sure how bright it'd be.

Btw, I got my lights on ebay for $131 shipped.

Agreed, might have to layer it up. But it's only a thought. Your build looks promising though.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Some of the inexpensive imported rope can be very dim, but the stuff from luminousfilm.com is good.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little update. I decided to go with the LED tube lights and have one ready to be reassembled, unless I install halos as well. Think that would be too much?

Also, keep in mind I'm lighting these up with a 9V battery when I take the pics. Once installed and running on 12V, they should be brighter.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A little update. I decided to go with the LED tube lights and have one ready to be reassembled, unless I install halos as well. Think that would be too much?

Looking good. I think halos might make the light too busy. Then again, it's your headlight.
I was thinking the same thing, plus the halos wouldn't match the type of lighting unless I went with CCFL (I think). I also have switchback turn signal bulbs waiting to go in. Now, I'm wondering if that's gonna be too much white light and maybe I should just go with amber LED turn signals. What do yall think?
I'll probably wire the tubes up to their own switch so I can run them separately from all other lighting. I think that would look pretty cool.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, plus the halos wouldn't match the type of lighting unless I went with CCFL (I think). I also have switchback turn signal bulbs waiting to go in. Now, I'm wondering if that's gonna be too much white light and maybe I should just go with amber LED turn signals. What do yall think?
I'll probably wire the tubes up to their own switch so I can run them separately from all other lighting. I think that would look pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app[/QUOTE]

I currently am running the switch back leds for my turn signals. I was thinking of adding the halos but also might be too busy with switch back. Might just do the black reflectors and the projectors. Maybe just keep it simple.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the switchbacks would look good with the halos.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mocked up the light today with LED switchback installed and used a 15V 500mAh power supply. Everything looks really good. If my calculations are correct, the circuit should use 2 amps. Now, just need the time to finish these up lol.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Made a little progress today mounting one of the halos. I think this is exactly what was needed to tie everything in.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Man those are looking so sexy! I wish you lived near me or vice versa! I would totally you pay to do this!

Congrats man doing an amazing job on them!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Im sure you still could, just need to pay for shipping?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yea but then I would to have to buy another set due to this car being my DD. But yea for sure it could be done if shipped but is he willing to do that? No clue, hahaha.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts