Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am starting a new project on my car. After owning it for the last ten years mostly stock, I finally decided to do something fun with it.

In the last few weeks I put in a Walbro 255lph fuel pump to get started.

The following things are going on in the next week or two:
SuperSixMotorsports Stage 3 Kit containing:
-216/224 cam
-Superheads
-P&P Intakes
-1.8 Adj. Billet RRs
-56mm TB
pro-m 75mm mass air meter
42#Injectors
3/8" intake spacer
Ceramic Coated MAC Long Tubes
Vortech V2 SQ SC with 2 core air-to-air intercooler
and other misc. odds and ends

Here is some of the stuff laid out in the shop:

I started out with only a densecharger and 2 udp's under the hood. Here's one before pic:

Oh yeah and I got some kenny brown spring spacers for the back to give it some rake. We should see about 1/2" there. And also picked up some H&R wheel spacers for the back. They are 1" to bring the wheels and tires out a little. That should help with the 94-98 look of the back wheels being tucked under (I probably should have gone with wider wheels but I really liked these wheels.) This is kind of unrelated to the main part of my project but they are here and going on!

You can check out the mods it already has at my cardomain page: www.cardomain.com/id/wendyc which include: an MGW short throw shifter, Kenny Brown Subframes, 3:73 gears and t-lock, koni shocks and struts, vogtland springs, etc.

:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks WhiteStang, I posted an intro in General. Glad to be here! The place seems friendly enough! :)

Here is where we are now after a few hours of break down. We actually have the upper intake and water pump off now but I forgot to take a pic right at the end. I have been taking pics along just in case I forget where something goes. :eek::

It looks pretty naked with everything off the front of the engine! and the EGR you see in the back left is just about to take a permanent hike. :p:

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
The egr sucks

I got a delete kit on the way

That is a awsome project

You should put a 4.2L crankshaft in there :D

that is going to be a fun car to drive can't wait till mine gets to that point

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stopped before forged internals basically because I had already spent what I was willing to spend and it only has only 59k miles. However, I could have gone with them and possibly seen 400 rwhp. Basically for a grocery getter going from around 150 hp at the crank to whatever I have will be good enough! :D It should easily double it I would think. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brent said:
I would lose the cats personally, if you havent already
I have magnaflow high flow cats. I wanted to go with a completely new off road exhaust but I decided to spend the money earmarked for that on my family for Christmas. :D We'll see how everything fits with the long tubes, the cats might be going.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
232stang said:
what kind of rear end do u have 8.8 or 7.5?
Before I knew I was going this far I put 3:73s and tlok in my stock 7.5 rear end. I am wishing it was an 8.8 now though. :D If and when I break it I'll go with an 8.8" since I probably couldn't sell the 7.5" for much and there isn't a market locally.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
You can get a EGR delete kit from me. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
wendyc said:
Hi all,

I am starting a new project on my car. After owning it for the last ten years mostly stock, I finally decided to do something fun with it.

In the last few weeks I put in a Walbro 255lph fuel pump to get started.

The following things are going on in the next week or two:
SuperSixMotorsports Stage 3 Kit containing:
-216/224 cam
-Superheads
-P&P Intakes
-1.8 Adj. Billet RRs
-56mm TB
pro-m 75mm mass air meter
42#Injectors
3/8" intake spacer
Ceramic Coated MAC Long Tubes
Vortech V2 SQ SC with 2 core air-to-air intercooler
and other misc. odds and ends
:)
Isn't that their stage 4 kit option? Since you got that SC :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NorwegianMustang said:
Isn't that their stage 4 kit option? Since you got that SC :confused:
Well.... it's a long story. First I bought the supercharger used from Dan Haga with intercooler, piping, etc. Then I decided, since I had wanted the stage 3 for so long, that I had better do it now, otherwise I would be taking the SC off someday to put all the Stage 3 parts on. So basically yes it is a Stage 4 but I didn't order it new from SuperSix that way. I also think their Stage 4 doesn't include the intercooler and all this custom powdercoated piping! ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
wendyc said:
Well.... it's a long story. First I bought the supercharger used from Dan Haga with intercooler, piping, etc. Then I decided, since I had wanted the stage 3 for so long, that I had better do it now, otherwise I would be taking the SC off someday to put all the Stage 3 parts on. So basically yes it is a Stage 4 but I didn't order it new from SuperSix that way. I also think their Stage 4 doesn't include the intercooler and all this custom powdercoated piping! ;)
That's cool.
Don't think SuperSix got that either :lol:

Too bad it cost so damn much to send the intakes and heads this way or I would have gotten the Stage 3 buy now too :(

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
wendyc said:
I already got an egr delete kit from Stylin97 from v6p. Sorry. :)
Then you overpaid! :D

1 - 20 of 117 Posts