Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Projector beams

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Dom 
#1 ·
I have looked all throughout the internet, and I cant find any place that sells projector lights for an 04 mustang. Does anyone know any sites that I can find them? And also are there any other years that would be the same as mine?

#6 ·
I have two more options for you. But you gotta be pretty ballzy to do either one.

One of them is to pop open the headlight and take a dremel to grind out the yellow on the side markers. And then use JB Weld to seal them back up. But make sure you get out all the moisture.

The other involves some major fab work. Basically you would take the lens from the headlights and make your own projector beams using assembly from fog lights. I also believe there is a guide out there to make your own Halos (Angel Eyes) over the headlamps.

If you have never done anything like this before I suggest buying some headlamps from a local junkyard.

Hope this could help you out.

#8 ·
Hey, if you are looking for some smoked headlights I've got an '01 where they came stock with the smoked headlights but the yellow side markers aren't out. I am looking to trade them for some regular headlights and not smoked. If that may interest you or anything just let me know. PM me or something. Later.

-Dillon

#14 ·
Dom said:
Well, what you could do is go buy the one piece projector/halo lights for the 94-98 and make them "fit" inside the 99-04 shell assembly.

Do those projectors lightup with the angel "eye" or not? Does anyone have any pictures of them light up at night? I may be attempting this mod. Yes, as long as I can find a junked pair of headlights. Anyone know where I can get a cheap pair or a free pair to practice on? Thanks

-Dillon

#15 ·
Here are some pictures of the 94-98 angel eye/projector lights.

This is what the guy said about them...

The harness is already pre-assembled. All you do is plug your headlight into the harness, and it lights up the projectors and the high beams. However, for the halo ring and the little bulb in the center requires wiring to your parking lamps, so they come on when you parking lights/headlights come on.
So, you could wire the halos to come on with a set of neons or whatever. But, they light up a hyper blue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.