Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wasn't sure if I should post this in apperance or here so I came here.

I bought this set of headlights, not from this site, got a realll good deal on them.

Only thing is, I got them today and had them in right away. But theres an extra set of wires I neeed to wire in. If you look at the picture theres the halo light(regular beams), the big light next to it(Brights) and then a smaller light in the corner closest to center of car.

2 wires coming off this smaller light, a red and a WHITE one. The white threw me off because I'm thinking ground wire=black. I'm not sure where to connect these as the instruction dont say at all.

And I need to splice 2 other wires into my Sidemarker lamps. I have a Green/Black striped wire, what looks like a gray/black striped wire(middle wire if it matters), and a black wire going into the harness for the lamp. Think green/black stripe is main power for the blinker? AS I said I'm not entirely sure what to do and I know a little about electronics but I'd rather do it right then break a brand new set of lights.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
On those little corner lights, the red will go to the power and the white to the ground. As for splicing into your side markers, the green/black wire is the blinker wire. You want to splice into the middle one for the parking lamp power.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh, we bought some projectors for my friend's f150..all the directions were in Japanese or something.. so after the second set we had it figured out lol

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean...not a damn english word on the sheet they sent.

Oh and if I were to splice into the blinker wire, would it cause my whole light to blink? :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kiljosh said:
Oh and if I were to splice into the blinker wire, would it cause my whole light to blink? :p
Yeah. It would be pretty funny to see. :p:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I dunno...it probably would. We had to experiment around to get the little rim of the light to cut on.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm going out to the garage to finish off installing these. Hopefully I will get them completely done today. Not sure if my little ring is already lit up or if it's the light behind the eye illuminating it. We'll see.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They look immaculate lol. I have my lows and the eyes light up bright with the little lights...looks completely different now. My highs kick on and oncoming traffic is blinded by a massive spotlight and the rings!!

They look nice in the daytime but even with the light adjusted almost all the way up the lows don't illuminate very far ahead...but..who cares!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You want pics? Sure, help me find my camera case and I will get them right to you. It has the cable I need to upload pics to pc in it, it ran away. Hmmm :uhh: :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts