Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 v6 with 130000 an wanted to know what's recommended to change I already did plugs and wires and it still runs bad

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
-clean the MAF, IAC, and TB
-change tranny fluid & filter
-change fuel filter
-seafoam

it'll run like a champ after that since you've already done plugs and wires.

can i ask though what did you gap the plugs at and what brand did you go with for both plugs and wires

·
Registered
748 Posts
-clean the MAF, IAC, and TB
-change tranny fluid & filter
-change fuel filter
-seafoam

it'll run like a champ after that since you've already done plugs and wires.

can i ask though what did you gap the plugs at and what brand did you go with for both plugs and wires
how do you clean the maf, and what does IC and TB stand for? and how do you clean them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
MAF = Mass Air Flow or Mass Flow Sensor used in conjunction with an oxygen sensor, the engine's air/fuel ratio can be controlled very accurately.

TB = Throttle Body

IAC Hmmmm not sure

·
Registered
366 Posts
Something I will also suggest is to pick up a Haynes or Chilton Mustang Manual (Auto Repair Manual) is what it is, It will show you step by step how to repair, replace anything on your mustang! I have a Chilton. It is my bestfriend! And if l still don't understand, I KNOW I can TRUST some great guys here.

Also, if you use the search in the upper right and type in "How to clean a 2004 Mustang MAF?" It will answer that question!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MAF = Mass Air Flow or Mass Flow Sensor used in conjunction with an oxygen sensor, the engine's air/fuel ratio can be controlled very accurately.

TB = Throttle Body

IAC Hmmmm not sure
Iac = idle air control valve

And I'm not sure on the gap or brand of plugs it's my girlfriends car and her dad did the plugs and wires

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
fuel filter every 15k or yearly
coolant every 50k full flush, some are good till 100k but I would do it at 50
trans fluid ever 15-20k with filter (if manual just change every couple years (its cheap))
spark plugs every 50k

thats most of whats missed

·
Registered
366 Posts
Iac = idle air control valve

Thank you! I learned something new today... This is why I luv Mustang Evolution!

And I'm not sure on the gap or brand of plugs it's my girlfriends car and her dad did the plugs and wires
fuel filter every 15k or yearly
coolant every 50k full flush, some are good till 100k but I would do it at 50
trans fluid ever 15-20k with filter (if manual just change every couple years (its cheap))
spark plugs every 50k

thats most of whats missed
Any suggestion on which spark plug? I just changed mine, I replace motorcraft with NGK Iridium lX I believe they were and same brand for wires!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Any suggestion on which spark plug? I just changed mine, I replace motorcraft with NGK Iridium lX I believe they were and same brand for wires!
I stick to motorcraft or autolites....although ngks are great in import motors. Not sure on domestics

·
Registered
366 Posts
I stick to motorcraft or autolites....although ngks are great in import motors. Not sure on domestics
Ohhhh WoW! Opppss... I assumed (first mistake) that since American Muscle was selling them, that they had to be great stuff. Actually, everything but my differential is working good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts