Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i was thinking about tuning my 08 gt, its a manuel, i was hoping someone could give me the pros and cons about tuning it for daily driving?:banana:

·
Registered
78 Posts
mustangdriver said:
Hey so i was thinking about tuning my 08 gt, its a manuel, i was hoping someone could give me the pros and cons about tuning it for daily driving?:banana:
Tuning gives you more power for what you have. Like I put new exhaust and headers on my stang. But I won't get the maximum power until I tune it.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the tune needs to be done right, else it can mess it up. If its done right you wont lose drivability and you will gain hp/tq. Most dont mess with the non wide open throttle tune so it wont change the normal driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pros: With the right tuner/cai combo and program, gains can register 20-25 hp at the wheels which translate to only about $20 per rwhp. That's cheap when you consider most mods can cost twice that per rwhp.

Cons: None unless you are under warranty and a problem can be traced to a modification of the PCM strategy code. Rare, but I've heard of instances where that has occurred.

Generally speaking, the hp/torque increase from stock and fun factor that comes with it is worth the cost. IMHO, if you can afford it - do it - but make sure you find a reliable programmer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Redfire281 said:
Pros: With the right tuner/cai combo and program, gains can register 20-25 hp at the wheels which translate to only about $20 per rwhp. That's cheap when you consider most mods can cost twice that per rwhp.

Cons: None unless you are under warranty and a problem can be traced to a modification of the PCM strategy code. Rare, but I've heard of instances where that has occurred.

Generally speaking, the hp/torque increase from stock and fun factor that comes with it is worth the cost. IMHO, if you can afford it - do it - but make sure you find a reliable programmer.
Thanks for the info !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts