Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been thinking that with my next paycheck I might buy one of those $170 in dash 7" lcd's off eBay and slide my Sony headunit into the lower din. To provide source to the LCD, I plan on getting a used PS2. That way I'll have a DVD player and a game console. My question to you all is will a PS2 fit into a Mustang glovebox? I'd really like to avoid having to do much custom fabrication, so if someone could at least give me the PS2's dimensions, you'd be helping me out a ton! Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if I can actually still leave the glovebox door, etc. intact and just put the PS2 inside of it... that way when it's shut, you'd never even know it's there!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You could do it by taking the bottom of the glove box out so you could run wires. I'd do it for you if I was somewhere near you. But yeh, you can do it. It will be seen when you open the glove box. If I had the extra money to throw around I'd do it too.

·
11,873 Posts
Jesse said:
http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

got this link from 3.8mustang.com and it got me started, just trial and error after that.

(took me long enough to get here I was invited to join a long time ago)
Thanks for the link. Glad you here. Do you have subs or anything else? Did you do anything custom with that if you do?

I just bought me a Directed 1100D amp and plan on getting two 10" L7 Kickers.

I am just looking for unique ways to set everything up.

·
11,873 Posts
What Gauge wire are you running from your battery? I have 2 gauge from the battery to the trunk. I am going to go by some more 4 gauge to go from the distribution blocks to the amps and hide the 2 guage under the seats because it is way to hard to work with.

Noticed you had more than one amp and couldnt see how you had the wires run

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 4gauge ran to the trunk, have thought about upgrading but havnt had a problem yet except i had to upgrade my fuse block to a 60amp fuse, that all goes to a splitter that has 8gauge running to each amp, they arent very big amps, didnt have a whole lot of money to put into system thats why Iv installed and built everything myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shahrum said:
Hey all,

I've been thinking that with my next paycheck I might buy one of those $170 in dash 7" lcd's off eBay and slide my Sony headunit into the lower din. To provide source to the LCD, I plan on getting a used PS2. That way I'll have a DVD player and a game console. My question to you all is will a PS2 fit into a Mustang glovebox? I'd really like to avoid having to do much custom fabrication, so if someone could at least give me the PS2's dimensions, you'd be helping me out a ton! Thanks! ;)
do what you like but i think if you buy one of those cheap LCDs you will wish you hadnt, usually you get what you pay for, I bought a cheap one at $400 but I wasnt expecting a whole lot out of it, but for like $170 I would have saved my money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts