Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving home and it's raining...nothing unusual for Pa. I have a CAI in my 3.8L 'stang. I go through a puddle, one I have before, one that was not as bad as others I have been through, and my check engine light comes on blinking. So I'm thinking, crap I think I got some water in my intake. I shut her off for a few hours and went out to see how she was. She turned over, but the check engine light is now on constantly. Does this sound like water just got in and will burn off? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i cant imagine it would be water, ive always heard water is too heavy to get sucked in and make it through, id just take it to a place and get it read to see what they say it is.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
was the puddle a pothole or just a low part of the road?

If it was a pothole, go out there and check the sensors that are on the CAI. could have been one of your electrical connectors falling off. possibly MAF or IAT

·
Registered
99 Posts
Monkey said:
was the puddle a pothole or just a low part of the road?

If it was a pothole, go out there and check the sensors that are on the CAI. could have been one of your electrical connectors falling off. possibly MAF or IAT
True that... also if you don't want to take it in and say screw it, unplug the negetive on your battery for 5 mins and put it back on and the check engine light should go off. That should be last resort though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
A flashing check engine light is a sign of a serious issue. In the advent this ever happens again I would suggest you stop driving the car ASAP.

As someone mentioned, check your electrical connections, especially the ones you fooled with when the CAI was installed, maybe one came loose. Then scan your codes. DO NOT CLEAR THEM or you will be trying to figure out what happened without a clue.

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha..ever had it flash a code..stay on constant for a minute then go off? Annoying as ****, you never really know what happened

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found out that my first cylinder misfired...just some water on the wires, getting new ones anyways. but *shew* the 'stang is fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts