Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you guys have been pulled over for your exhausts being to loud? what happened?

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
I got pulled over for loud exhaust about a month ago. Was going to a car meet and cop pulled me over going over an intersection. He just told me its too loud and I should fix that he was a good guy. I have upr off road x and Mac catback 4v cobra.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lol I got pulled over last week. He saw me leaving a parking lot and pulled me over. When he got to the window he said your car is excessively loud, what did you do to the muffler? I told him that I took them off and he asked how? did you just cut them off? I told him no that I bought a muffler delete kit. He then asked if I knew that it was illegal to modify my exhaust I replied no. After he ran my info he told me he was going to do me a favor and not cite me, but told me I needed to put mufflers back on. My car has an offroad x pipe and slp loudmouths.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got pulled over for my exhaust, I was at a stop light and the cop was two cars behind me, I pulled away and wasn't going over 25 and he pulled over and said my car was too loud and asked me who I was trying to impress, I told him no one, I was just coming from a car show. He gave me a warning but told me I need to stay out of his town or it'll be a 500$ fine. Slp longtubes x-pipe and lm1.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Got pulled over twice once the cop heard my coming over the bridge and just said keep it down. Second one me and my girlfriends dad. ( 05 s/c. Gt ). An her brother ( 99 cobra ) all got pulled over on the way to the American muscle car show and he just said how they sounded amazing

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I got pulled over for my exhaust, I was at a stop light and the cop was two cars behind me, I pulled away and wasn't going over 25 and he pulled over and said my car was too loud and asked me who I was trying to impress, I told him no one, I was just coming from a car show. He gave me a warning but told me I need to stay out of his town or it'll be a 500$ fine. Slp longtubes x-pipe and lm1.
Oohhhh f' you cop !!! I swear man

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I had a cop pull up to me at a light and roll down he's window and yell wanna race, I assume jokingly, but I just gave it a quick rev and he gave me the thumbs up and we drove off

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Now that's awesomeeeeee!! Lol
Ya not the first time, I stay out in Joliet IL so the police have bigger things to do then worry about loud exhaust or no front plates

A conservation (tree cop) police had a chat with me at a red light too, he just was asking about the car and what I had done, he asked if I raced it, "only at the track officer" haha he smiled and said sure...

Only time I got pulled over for loud exhaust was in my colbalt, I had stock exhaust and just a flowmaster, it was so quite. But it was in a yuppie town with nothin to do

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been thinking on getting an o/r h and I know I won't be as nearly as loud as the modular motors but I don't want to get tickets for it either. Is the gas smell very prominent when you drive?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Never been pulled over at all and I'm running Corsa Extremes.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Knowing the cops in California, they'll pull me over and give me a ticket

1 - 20 of 27 Posts