1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Enjoy

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice. Good luck with it. I hope you didn't get one that burns oil or has the tick :)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Good luck with it. I hope you didn't get one that burns oil or has the tick
No tick and no burning as of yet. She runs perfect thus far. It does honk randomly but that's getting fixed under warranty tomorrow. It's a Ford so there will be bugs. Lol

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I think the bad ones were in 2018, Mustangs and F150s.
Glad for the Boss in the F150 and the 3.7 on the Mustang.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,953 Posts
The problematic ones are the Gen3s unfortunately because the Gen3s that are good are MONSTERS. Not that a Gen2 is a slouch at all lol...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks, I'm.very happy with her thus far. Now the money dump for upgrades begins. Lol
That is always the expensive part, upgrading it. Like I said in my first post Enjoy, I did mean it in a good way also :thumb:

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Is it a GT? Because you posted in the V6 section so it's kind of confusing.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you were thinking I was rubbing it in you're wrong. I'll always have respect for the sixxers, I loved mine and will miss her.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you were thinking I was rubbing it in you're wrong. I'll always have respect for the sixxers, I loved mine and will miss her.
This I knew, you never seemed the type to rub someone's nose in it ;)

·
Lorraine's driver
8,190 Posts
Congrats! I'm interested to hear what you think as far as ride, handling, and just overall compared to your S197.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats! I'm interested to hear what you think as far as ride, handling, and just overall compared to your S197.
Thanks. It has been very interesting since I haven't driven a GT since high school. lol

So I went from the auto V6 to the auto GT, and at first I wasn't as blown away as I thought I'd be as far as power in the under 50 mph driving. My sixxer had a tune and shifted TIGHT to the point where she would break loose shifting into 2nd gear even with summer UHP summer tires. When I test drove my GT I stopped in the middle of a dead rural road and gunned her... it was a smooth launch but no tire barking or traction control kicking in. BUT she did ride noticeably better than my 14 and felt really solid.

So I drove her home and had a flashback of how slushy my sixxer felt when I first got her. Sport mode in the 3.7 was ok, but not very intuitive so I didn't expect much when I tired it in the 5.0... boy was I pleasantly surprised. Sport mode on the 17 GT is extremely well programmed. It makes it feel like a GT should, down shifting beautifully and well-timed and you barely need to give her gas to dart through traffic. You can learn how to work the gas so that it's like shifting manually with your foot.

Interior actually feels a smidge bigger than the 14. The dash and overall interior is a big upgrade as far as quality look and feel. The stereo is a big downgrade from my Shaker system but that can be fixed. As we all know we don't buy a Mustang for the interior, but it's nice that the S550 feels like they put some money into the cabin.

Mine is not the performance pack but the original owner got the black out upgrade with the 19 wheels I like so I have a nice "almost stock" base to build on. The new tires the dealership slapped on her are cheap Walmart crap (Kenda High Performance lol) so I won't be pushing her hard in corners and whatnot until I get real rubber on her.

Bottom line is I still think the 14 has a tougher looking body but the new suspension and overall quality makes a very noticeable difference. And the V8 growl is just boner-riffic.

It was either spend $9k on a procharger or spend $11k upgrading to a GT. I feel like I made the right choice for me (so far).

·
Super Moderator
17,953 Posts
I personally think the 10-12 GT with just a CDC or Boss lip is the meanest looking of all the recent Mustangs.

You definitely made the right decision upgrading. As far as mods... exhaust, 2018 intake, tune, tires and suspension. Don't go getting "cold air" kits or any other bolt on crap, doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I remembered when one guy on here did the cold air test so yeah I won't be wasting money on a CAI. I already called one place about installing an18 manifold intake and they never called me back. I need to find a better performance shop in Omaha.

I actually like the exhaust note on the stock exhaust but I just need to get rid of that restrictor thing in the bottom middle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts