Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car coded and I went to autozone to get it checked out. Came out saying that my purge line is blocked and the most common fix for our cars when that happens is the purge valve. Anybody have that issue before?

2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yea my car was throwing a code saying there was a small vacuum leak. I went to rock auto and bought the new purge valve, I took the old one out and saw That the gasket was worn out, then put the new valve in cleared the code and it has been good since, and this was a month ago. I did read that this is the most common problem with all fords. I how this helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea my car was throwing a code saying there was a small vacuum leak. I went to rock auto and bought the new purge valve, I took the old one out and saw That the gasket was worn out, then put the new valve in cleared the code and it has been good since, and this was a month ago. I did read that this is the most common problem with all fords. I how this helps you.

That's what I figured it was. How invasive and/or difficult was the replacement?

2012 Kona Blue MCA Cyclone
AIRAID CAI
4.10 gears
Ford Racing Axle Backs
'Unknown Tune'

·
Registered
126 Posts
It was very easy, the location was close to the throttle body and the part was 25 dollars. Here is the best picture I have of the valve. Auto part Wheel Automotive window part

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here is a picture of the part you are going to need. All you need to do is disconnect the vacuum line and the wire harness and Unbolt the two bolts on the top. It comes with a Blue gasket as you can see on the bottom. The gasket on mine went which cause the small vacuum leak. Auto part Camera accessory Automotive engine part

1 - 5 of 5 Posts