Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get my car aligned today and there was another mustang there that was getting Maximum Motorsport caster/camber plates and the guy at the alignment shop said they're really good for lowered cars. What's the purpose of them and are they a good buy?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
If you're lowered a lot of people will recommend them. Reason is if it's unaligned you're tired might wear faster. They allow you to alight it back to factorry specs

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Venomouz831 said:
If you're lowered a lot of people will recommend them. Reason is if it's unaligned you're tired might wear faster. They allow you to alight it back to factorry specs
Did you have them on your car cause I know your car was lowered? Worth buying?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Many people say they can get just camber bolts and get their alignment right. I have my H&R springs sitting in my garage waiting for me to put them on. But I can't decide whether I'm gonna go with cc's or c bolts

·
Registered
916 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Did you have them on your car cause I know your car was lowered? Worth buying?
I have them on my car and there definitely worth it. Keeps the alignment in check and your tires from wearing

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stang23 said:
I have them on my car and there definitely worth it. Keeps the alignment in check and your tires from wearing
How long do you think it keeps you from having to get new tires? Couple months? Years?

·
Registered
598 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
How long do you think it keeps you from having to get new tires? Couple months? Years?
Once you get the alignment right with cc's, they will wear normally. Doesn't make ur tires last longer or shorter than normal. It's when the alignment is all off that causes abnormal and premature wear on ur tires. I believe the average tire is made to last around 40k ish depending on how you drive.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
My friend got around 10k out of his tires unaligned and cambering

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Venomouz831 said:
Sounds like they're a pretty damn good by. Especially for lowered mustangs. What kinda tips did you have on your car man? They look sick.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
+1 I went 6k after I lowered my car and wore the inside of my front tires bald. I only had 12k miles on the car. I've got M&M c/c plates now. I've put about 15k on these and my tires are still looking good.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
CC plates are needed when you lower our cars by much more than 1-1/4", this is because the stock CC plates do not have sufficient adjustment range to get the camber set properly.

When you lower the car via shorter springs the negative camber increases, and will cause the inside of the front tires to wear excessively--depending on how much the negative camber has been increased. Camber of -1.2° or more will cause uneven tire wear, however it also improves handling; some autocrossers run -3° or more.

Aftermarket CC plates extended the adjustment range and let the camber be set at the factory spec (-0.50° ±0.75°). For best handling and acceptable tire wear camber of -1.2° to -1.4° is what I recommend; if improved handling is not a concern stick with the "negative" side of factory spec, -0.7° to -1.0°.

Caster should be set at +4.0° or better (I run 5.5°) the factory spec is 3.2° ±0.75°.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cliffyk said:
CC plates are needed when you lower our cars by much more than 1-1/4", this is because the stock CC plates do not have sufficient adjustment range to get the camber set properly.

When you lower the car via shorter springs the negative camber increases, and will cause the inside of the front tires to wear excessively--depending on how much the negative camber has been increased. Camber of -1.2° or more will cause uneven tire wear, however it also improves handling; some autocrossers run -3° or more.

Aftermarket CC plates extended the adjustment range and let the camber be set at the factory spec (-0.50° ±0.75°). For best handling and acceptable tire wear camber of -1.2° to -1.4° is what I recommend; if improved handling is not a concern stick with the "negative" side of factory spec, -0.7° to -1.0°.

Caster should be set at +4.0° or better (I run 5.5°) the factory spec is 3.2° ±0.75°.
I have noticed that the tops of my wheels kinda lean inward and with CC plates that will straighten them back up and keeping the inside part of my tires from wearing? Mine is lowered about 1.7".

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Poopyhead44 said:
My guy says he was able to get better than factory specs with my cc plates
Yeah I went to the alignment shop yesterday and there was another mustang in there that was lowered and had the CC plates and he said with these put in this car is perfectly aligned and he said its a must have for lowered cars. Is it easy install though cause he was $500 for install, and realignment.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did drill a couple holes but its been a couple years I just remember it only taking about an hour. I bought them from am and they came with instructions.they will give you alot of range to get your alignment dead on

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Sounds like they're a pretty damn good by. Especially for lowered mustangs. What kinda tips did you have on your car man? They look sick.
4 inch stainless steel

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Venomouz831 said:
4 inch stainless steel
Didn't have any clearance issues with the cut outs? I thought our years were a little more narrow than the 05-09s. That's why I thought they could fit 4 inch easier? Did they tilt done any?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts