Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Mustang_Daddy said:
Im jw if anyone can tell me weather the 98 gt is a push rod or mod Motor im curious lol thnx to all who reply
It is a mod motor, 95 was the last year for the pushrod v8 in a mustang.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i was jw cuz i got into an argument with a guy who owns a 98 gt i have an 07 gt n he claims to have 04 cobra internals idk if the bottom end would work in tht car it being a 2v not a 4v

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Mustang_Daddy said:
Ok i was jw cuz i got into an argument with a guy who owns a 98 gt i have an 07 gt n he claims to have 04 cobra internals idk if the bottom end would work in tht car it being a 2v not a 4v
So how did push rod come in? And the 4v bottom end should be able to work in his car, even with 2v heads.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The only major things that are different are the fact that the heads have more valves and the intake is different. That's the same way with your 07 and his 98 as well. They used the 4.6 block since '96 to '10 and the block are vertically the same except for the difference in Romeo and Windsor block and cast iron and aluminum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well he still a ****ing tard cuz he says he has 400hp with the internals exhaust cold air n tune i think hes lucky if hes pushing 300 hp lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
Lol if it's built with cobra internals then it's probably got low 9 to high 8 compression and with no supercharger it's only hurting then power. And I have full bolt ons and stage 2 cams and I don't have that with higher compression lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right thts wht i told him my buddy has a 03 mach1 its got the 4v cobra motor not SC n it has 335 hp with the same **** he says he has n he only has the bottom end n he says it has 13:1 compression

1 - 11 of 11 Posts