Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
I could of sworn I seem em on AM... I could be wrong though
I believe that AM sells or did sell the kit for 05-09 models, and it can be wired on a new edge..if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure there is someone here on ME that accomplished it..just doesn't make much sense to me, I mean to start it you still have to put the key in the ignition, turn to the on position, than hit the button, seems like your saving more time just turning the key..it would not be like new cars where you can have your keys just in your pocket and hit the button to start it up

·
Registered
673 Posts
NJstanger said:
I believe that AM sells or did sell the kit for 05-09 models, and it can be wired on a new edge..if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure there is someone here on ME that accomplished it..just doesn't make much sense to me, I mean to start it you still have to put the key in the ignition, turn to the on position, than hit the button, seems like your saving more time just turning the key..it would not be like new cars where you can have your keys just in your pocket and hit the button to start it up
You could probably get around having to turn the key and just make it so the button would have to be pushed to start the car, but then you increase your chance on someone stealing it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
9tee7pony said:
You could probably get around having to turn the key and just make it so the button would have to be pushed to start the car, but then you increase your chance on someone stealing it.
I'd imagine there would be a lot more than just wiring it up to do something like that, our ignition needs to recognize the chip inside the key for it to start..so either way I'd imagine the key would have to go in the ignition, unless you figure out a way to bypass all that which IMO would probably be more work than its worth in the end

·
Registered
420 Posts
My buddy has one on his 04 gt but it came on it when he bought it so he doesn't know if it's a kit or custom but it is possible and pretty sweet

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
twotone01 said:
My buddy has one on his 04 gt but it came on it when he bought it so he doesn't know if it's a kit or custom but it is possible and pretty sweet
Does he have to put the key in the ignition?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts